Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Amortised up to their eyeballs

Somehow I feel they’ll figure out a way to allow both of them in. Probably by just ignoring their rules.

2 Likes

Hope all the mentioned entities sink into non existence once the charges are proven.

4 Likes

FIFY

Brentford away was one of the few games I had hopes they could drop points.

Shame we weren’t able to put some extra pressure on them today.

1 Like

With this lot it happens if it happens.

1 Like

I genuinely don’t see where they drop points until they mathematically secure the title. Unless we win every game until the end of the season, including the one against them, there’s no stopping them.

Except, of course, that they’ve already lost three times.

Football isn’t played on paper.

4 Likes

It isn’t but if their title-winning seasons have taught us anything, it’s that they usually do it by blowing teams out of the water during long runs, especially in the second half of the season. They are already on a four-match winning run, with De Bruyne and Haaland back.

Thomas not chicken Frank will know it’s an audition for our job and so put everything he has into beating City for us.

No; what their title-winning seasons have shown is that the refs bend over backwards to help them, while shafting us.

I’ve said it all along: City will win the title this year, but it isn’t because they’re the best team in the league.

3 Likes

still to play…

us at Anfield,
Brighton away
Arsenal at Etihad,
Villa at Etihad,
away to Palace,
away to Spurs (not a great record when they plays Spurs)

I wouldnt say its cut and dried as they still have a few hard games still to come

2 Likes

I’m with Nikola a bit, I expect we can win our game but the problem will be not slipping up elsewhere because it’s going have to be perfect if not near perfect.

City have dropped points this season in 1/3 of their games. They’ve done it in hard battled games against good sides in fixtures you might have picked out as ones with potential for them to drop points, but they’ve done it against shite as well.

They have a decent run of fixtures through Feb, but then March is a killer

Utd, us, Brighton (a), Arsenal, then Villa to kick off April. That will be the key stretch.

1 Like

Unfortunately elite level football is now an exercise in trying to overcome almost impossible odds. We’ve invited cheating into the game and yet again it requires an almost herculean effort to beat a team that is financed by the national wealth of an oil-producing slave state.

That’s the real problem, not losing away at Arsenal.

10 Likes

I won’t watch today, or look at the scores, let’s see if that helps.

2 Likes

Same I haven’t even placed a goals bet on it

Impossible to imagine a feat like Forest getting promoted from the 2nd Division and winning the 1st division the very next year. It is no exaggeration to say the difference in the value of the playing squads is now exponential. Chelsea has spent more on underperforming defensive midfielders in the summer window than the total squad value of any Championship side not in the PL last season.

1 Like

I’ve got a 95/1 double for Brentford to beat them tonight and Everton to beat them on Saturday.
If you have an impossible dream, may as well try and make a bit of cash out of it.

4 Likes

I think Everton might let you down…
Toney has a few quid on himself to score first in a 2-0 win