Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

He will be back vs Arsenal.

So Alisson and Ederson not available for Brazil. Who are their next three goalkeepers in line?

2 Likes

Yeah back for Arsenal I have no doubt.

2 Likes

Cunt was lucky to escape with a yellow.

One more refereeing decision which favoured the cheats.

3 Likes

Still don’t believe he’s injured…but he has to play along…coz it might have been a red ticket…cheat

Taffarel

We aren’t risking our coaches getting injured as well.

Go on Dar…slap him round the ears…cheating fake…

2 Likes

I don’t think I have ever agreed with Senior Keys before, but he is spot on.

And I think the entire footballing community should do the same. Ignoring these cunts will drive Fraudiola bat-shit crazy

1 Like

He gives me Lance Armstrong vibes. He knows there is something up. And his hostility mixed with feigned indifference and a sense of superiority is trying to hide it.

Armstrong obviously tapped into some pretty heinous maliciousness, too, so they’re not excatly the same.

But it’s about the vibes, man.

The vibes.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Certainly not exactly the same. If anything Lance was a much more honest competitor and also less of a solitary cheat than the lead cheat. Fraudiola is cheating on the pitch as well as off it.
He engaged in individual blood doping like Lance at first but seems to have progressed to massive financial doping and the media seem much more scared to talk about - perhaps for fear of actually being disappeared not just cold shouldered ala Walsh and Kimmage.

:0)

Ian Wright warned ‘that’s the last time’ he will be on Sky Sports after making Man City comment

Ian Wright has received huge praise from football fans after he brought up the ‘elephant in the room’ when discussing Manchester City’s 115 charges on Monday Night Football.

However, the Arsenal legend has been warned by some supporters that he won’t be invited back onto the Sky Sports show after his debut appearance.

Wright was on MNF duty alongside Jamie Carragher as the pair analysed the weekend’s matches and provided punditry on Chelsea’s 3-2 win over Newcastle.

The pair discussed a wide range of topics before the match, including the rivalry between City boss Pep Guardiola and Liverpool counterpart Jurgen Klopp.

Sunday’s 1-1 draw at Anfield is the final time the two legendary managers will face off in a Premier League match.

Wright was asked to assess the success both coaches have had in England but couldn’t resist bringing up the financial charges City face.

The reigning champions were hit with 115 charges by the Premier League in February 2023, covering the period 2009-2018.

A date has been set for City’s hearing but that has not been made known to the public.

Wright says he cannot discuss City without thinking about the charges looming over them.

He said: "We can’t speak about City without speaking about the fact that there’s 115 charges around them.

"The one thing I would like more than anything else is for that to be gone from City so that you can give the team and the manager the love that they deserve.

"Because when you speak about them, there’s an elephant in the room. With this rivalry, you want to speak about them without saying ‘yeah, but’.

“It’s not fair on the players or the club so the sooner that’s gone the better.”

Wright largely got a positive response from fans on social media for his comments.

One wrote on X: “Wrighty showing Sky Sports and all other pundits the importance of calling this out.”

While another posted: “Omg someone actually mentioned it!”

But some supporters warned Wright he won’t be invited back onto their flagship analysis programme.

One X user wrote: “And that’s the last time Ian Wright will be on Monday night football.”

While another put: “Safe to say Wrighty’s not going back on there ever again.”

A third posted: “That’s Ian Wright never getting back on sky again.”

Other fans continued to praise Wright for his comments on City.

One wrote: “Until the 115 FFP charges are dealt with and city are punished for it… they won’t deserve no praise!”

While another put: “City shouldn’t touch another trophy until their name is cleared of all charges. Until then - everything has an asterisk next to it.”

One more posted: "Ian Wright love it! Didn’t call them cheats, worded it perfectly but we knew what he meant. It’s sad that it took a Gooner to bring it up and not Carra who had plenty of opportunities to do it."

8 Likes

But Carragher has, so I don’t understand the bolded part?

1 Like

Has he ever called them out on a Sky TV broadcast though… or is it more in a ‘petty’ retaliatory fashion on his own social media outlets, more against Guardiola than the club itself…

1 Like

I have no idea where he said them but a simple google of “Carragher 115 charges” show articles about him criticising Man City; two days ago, January 2024, December 2023, November 2023, October 2023, May 2023.

So that actually seems fairly consistent.

Maybe people want him to be more explicit in this criticism and mention it every single time Man City play, that’s fine, but its a lie to say he has never mentioned it.

2 Likes

So Real Madrid rather than Arsenal in the QF. I’ll take that I suppose

Real Madrid, then Arsenal if they both win, then the final. Tough road for both Premier rivals.

Good.

3 Likes

I do find it funny but because one team had a few charges and another had 115 doesn’t mean the one with a few should be let off.

1 Like