Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

The question is did they pass any of this on to Newcastle?

3 Likes

Sounds like a fairly significant breach of protocols at this point, with more cases than the two made public. Training ground closed indefinitely.

3 Likes

Could be concerning if they played Newcastle having not declared or followed PL protocol.

2 Likes

The latest tests have returned more positive results, in addition to those of Gabriel Jesus, Kyle Walker and two staff members revealed on 25 December.

The City training ground will be closed for an ā€œindeterminate periodā€.

City cited ā€œa risk the virus could spreadā€ among the squad with the ā€œsecurity of the bubble compromisedā€.

The report doesnā€™t divulge exactly how many cases (more than the four already announced) but it would appear to be a significant number.

2 Likes

Just saw a piece on Rotherham ā€¦if they didnā€™t play they wouldā€™ve had points deducted, so why not shittyā€¦oh yes money talks!!!

12 Likes

I believe the problem here is that the real extent of that outbreak in their squad is still unknown and so they can not be forced to play tonight.

Donā€™t think our players would want to play their remaining players tonight knowing that they might get infected too.

4 Likes

Their fixture list already looks congested, if their next two are postponed as well these will be playing constantly for the next 3 months or so.

14 Likes

In Germany (and i can imagine that it is The same here) there is a rule that a team has to play as long as they have 15 players available.

WĆ¼rzburg for example had to use a goalkeeper as a outfield player coming from the bench.

So surely City will have to play at the Weekend.

3 Likes

Maybe, but the language of that BBC report suggests they are not sure they have found bottom yet. The fact that their training ground has been closed is significant - this isnā€™t Walker and Jesus being sent home to isolate for a couple of weeks. It would appear to be the most significant outbreak incident to hit the PL.

Who ever could have guessed that Citeh would struggle to adhere to some awkward rules that prevent them from doing what they want to do?

20 Likes

Citys next game is on sunday.
Everton are supposed to play on Friday but that game could easily be moved to sunday or later.

If the PL wants to avoid fixture pile up then maybe they should tell Everton and City to play their game tomorrow, Wednesday or Thursday.

2 Likes

Wondering whether a definitive 3point loss for non attendance would have altered their priorities!

2 Likes

If weā€™re being honest, postponing is the right decision. There are questions around how this situation has occurred, but for this game they had to postpone. They canā€™t be having players on the pitch when there is actually a really good chance some of them have Covid. Not fair on anyone.

13 Likes

The thing is that teams have already been forced to forefit games due to having covid cases within their squad, so really City should be forefitting the game like Orient when they forefitted their League Cup game against Spurs, and plenty of Leahue 1 and 2 teams have had too.

8 Likes

Newcastle didnā€™t though did they?

2 Likes

7 of the 12 league 1 games this week are off due to Rona. I did get told before Crimbo they have been told to get ready for season been suspended again too.

2 Likes

Donā€™t see how they suspend the PL though. At this point they have to play on the expectation that the Euros and Olympics are going ahead in the summer. Any delays in the end dates of seasons will see clubs and national teams at loggerheads about the release of international players.

Thereā€™ll be an outcry if lower leagues are suspended and the Premier League isnā€™t. Equally thereā€™s going to be an outcry by every club asked to complete a fixture with positive tests in their squad from this point onwards.

The more the national numbers go up the more these types of incidents look like an inevitability.

Itā€™s the right decision not to play, itā€™s just whether postponing is the right outcome. Iā€™d be fuming if I were Everton and those five players who would have been missing are then available for the rearranged game.

3 Likes

Should this season be ended prematurely at the end of the year, and the table decided on ppg, weā€™ll be champs again, right?
Hope not, but Iā€™ll take it if thatā€™s the case, asterisk and all.

2 Likes

Bitters will probably get a few players back too tbf, like James and that brazilian c*nt.

1 Like

Jupp Heynkes (didnā€™t google, probably spelled the last name wrong), but agree completely that Bayern rose to much greater height under him than what they got with Tiki-Taka and Pep Guardiola. Like you I think Guardiola is a top, top coach, but indeed not the second coming. Under Heynkes Bayern were faster, more direct, and just sharper and better. Pep slowed them down and they became less effective.

Edit: For what it is worth, I donā€™t know if it is even possible to get a better coach than Klopp. Not for us I think. He suits the club perfectly.

4 Likes

The idea of forfeiting the game is interesting but I would prefer postponing the Everton game. In fact, the Chelsea one as well. Congest their already congested fixture list even more and make them earn points from each game left. Image Pep fuming when his players have to play after 2-3 days of rest while the opposition has had 5-6.

1 Like