Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Carragher on Sky to his off Sky personna is vastly different. Its like it was a requirement of his not been given the boot for the spitting incident is to be a good boy on there broadcasts and not rock the boat. Its this yes man act that makes him sound like a knob at times because hes towing that line.

2 Likes

Etihad are going public, which means that City are innocent according to the Mirror:

I like how the owner is not allowed to directly finance his club but would have no problems using one of his companies to do so.

1 Like

Aren’t the charges in the past.

So not sure how this is relevant.

I am concerned that they will get away with it, or will just get a minor slap on the wrist, relative to the wrongdoing.

The sport has grown, which is a great success story, but in allowing nation states to own clubs it gets a lot more complicated. The ability of the sport itself to run a tight shop, in the face of the legal resources of a nation state, and indeed the wielding of soft power of said nation state as it invests into the country, seems all but impossible.

I fear a most unsatisfactory outcome.

If that is the case, opposing fans need to have a simple and robust chant, “Cheats, cheats, cheats, cheats, cheats…” and protest that way at the least.

1 Like

You are right to be concerned.

2 Likes

Yes, I concur. It is inevitable.

And if it does happen, I do like the idea of a constant chant of “cheats, cheats, cheats” from every set of opposing fans for every game. Sky’ll love it :yum:

2 Likes

They’ll get a punishment in the form of a massive fine, along with some kind of ban which in footballing terms will affect them for no more than a season.
The whole world will then label the Premier League winners that season as having an asterisk beside it as the best team weren’t there to challenge.

Nauseating prospect, but probably the most realistic.

2 Likes

Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

5 Likes

It’s amazing what they’ve achieved against all the odds.

2 Likes

Plucky little underdogs, can’t help but root for them

2 Likes

I’ve never understood the argument about this stuff. If you look at only 2 games then yeah, wed-Sun seems better than wed-sat. But there is a third game after that as well. This time if the season one day less rest for one game is more more day rest for the other.

1 Like

https://x.com/The_Forty_Four/status/1774356061622771825?s=20

If JĂźrgen said it, the press would be criticising him left, right and centre. :worried: :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Didn’t we play about 3 more rounds in the league cup including a final against Chelsea.

5 Likes

Quick, someone call him a wahmbulance

real housewives of atlanta GIF

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/AnkitaBnsl/status/1774501978296684934

3 Likes

Classy :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

How embarrassing…pointing out mistakes by your players…and trying to start a fight between beluga and gabriel…classless…

7 Likes

Grealish will either be discarded or a bit part player. 100M not utilized well by the genius Guardiola, along with many other moves that would sink another team. But they will roll on, impervious to mistakes, insulated by the money and the depth they have.

3 Likes

I’d rather managers keep this stuff behind doors.

Just can’t see Klopp doing this.

8 Likes

#BREAKING :rotating_light: Manchester City deducted eight points for breach of Premier League profit and sustainability rules this season. Sanctions for previous seasons in the next hearing.

:white_small_square: Premier League statement confirms that “Manchester City have been charged with numerous breaches of financial rules following 4-year investigation”.

:black_small_square: “More sanctions if found proven include points deductions or even expulsion from the league”, The Times reports.

:bookmark_tabs: Manchester City statement on this story:

“Manchester City FC is surprised by the issuing of these alleged breaches of the Premier League Rules, particularly given the extensive engagement and vast amount of detailed materials that the EPL has been provided with. The Club accepts the decision of this matter by an independent Commission, to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence that exists in support of its position. As such we look forward to this matter being put to rest once and for all”.

#manchestercity #mancity #city #ucl #pl #football #herewego #mcfc #manchester #uefa #epl