Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Can you not see the cracks? Yes, I am always inclined to read too much into these things, but they look well off it. From the public preening of Pep remonstrating with Grealish the other week to KdB pretty clearly looking over to him in the middle of a game and telling him to fuck off, to Haaland’s look of indifference. Even Rodri’s public complaints about being tired and needing a rest. They all look like a bunch of mercenaries who are increasingly bored with this project, and with the Euros coming this summer you can imagine several of them having their head be not entirely in it.

I get the muscle memory in thinking that it’s City and them going on a 6 game run from here to win the title is typical. But this looks far more like Fergie’s last title side that won it despite their flaws rather than anything we have come to associate with Pep’s city.

3 Likes

I know Celtic won it in Portugal but that pic makes me laugh, like they are parading their their trophy through a central american police state.

1 Like

Portugal :portugal: was a police state st that time.

1 Like

Pub quizes are not legit unless they run by an idiot with hopelessly out of date questions. The last one I was at we realized there was an issue when one of the questions was “who is the current leader of West Germany”. It was probably 2009 or so at the time.

1 Like

Can I see the cracks… I could if I believed they were telling the truth. The bald fraud complains about fatigue and fixture lists every year, yet his players almost never get injured (De Bruyne and Stones have a history of having one bad injury every few years but they replace them with their other ultra-expensive stars anyway). One season they lost two players to long-term injuries at the same time, they lost the title.

I’m making a fundamental mistake here, though: I’m thinking about Arsenal and Man City when I should be thinking about our side who are dire and every bit as bad as any Klopp side at their worst. Even if Arsenal and Man City start dropping points like crazy, I’d just expect our lads to continue dropping them as well.

1 Like

@Nikola :wink:

Feeling Good Vibes GIF by Njorg

1 Like

He needs to hear who we are signing so he can open up the thread so that player never comes here …

That’ll cheer him up :rofl:

4 Likes

I chuckled when I saw this.

10 Likes

Arsenal
Wednesday - Saturday - Tuesday

Liverpool
Thursday - Sunday - Wednesday

City
Wednesday - Saturday - Thursday

All season no interest in giving City a match on a Thursday night but then at this stage of the season they decide to give them maximum days between the matches.

4 Likes

2 potential penalty calls against City in the first hour, both reviewed and denied.
100% they would both have been given for them.

4 Likes

They’re not even attempting to disguise the blatant favouritism.
Oliver just blew straight away for a foul by Walker on Mudryk, fucking identical to the Walker challenge on Jackson in the box, which was of course reviewed and waved away.
It’s blatant in your face fucking cheating by the officials

4 Likes

Not even sent to the screen. VAR cleared the handball but City still got the goal kick. So stupid.

https://twitter.com/TenHagEra/status/1781737792411718035?t=d57ivzH2M3-4pHXTCQHmrg&s=19

2 Likes

Definitely corrupt.

At the least, I hope it results in reforms whereby referees cannot take highly paid jobs in Abu Dhabi, and then referee Abu Dhabi games in the Prem or FA Cup.

Doesn’t pass the sniff test, then when you analyze the actual decisions made in the game, it looks rotten to the core.

4 Likes

Looks even more obvious from this angle. Just absurd.

https://x.com/TheFergusonWay/status/1781739198955049329

1 Like

That twitter account obviously follows me on here :eyes:

Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

When it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck…

Let’s not beat around the bush: this league is rotten to the core.

2 Likes

im interested to know the ‘official reason’ it wasnt a penalty…its not a natural position in my understanding of the framing

i assume it was a goalkick given on the field and VAR cant change that decision, but just look to see if the incident was a foul