Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Its a simple protest against the rules that they have failed to abide by. Nothing more complicated than that.

What the idiots have not understood is that if they actually played within the rules, their financial situation would likely be better. The idiots tried to buy their way into the European competition qualifying places and royally fucked it up.

With regards to City it feels like a sliding door moment. I hope the PL doesn’t fold to their whims.
Worth noting that the PL’s FFP rules are an extension (in a way) of those rules employed by UEFa and every other major league in Europe. Are City saying they’re all wrong as well?

I utterly loathe that excuse of a club.

9 Likes

I utterly loathe their owners. If they were still playing at Maine Road with their traditional support, I’d have a certain respect for them.

Maybe we should change the title to “Manchester City* FFS, with that much money they could have cured cancer”

7 Likes

I only know two City fans. One has supported them since the 60s, and is embarrassed by their financial cheating. The other, who is much younger, only started following them ten years ago, when they were already successful. He sees us as their rivals; when I explain to him that I do not see City as our rivals, as they are a nothing club with no history, he tends to shut up.

8 Likes

I went to the Co-Op live venue on Tuesday, which is next to the Emptihad. Work is well underway, to increase the capacity of the stadium. I read that City had only recently submitted the planning application and yet work has already begun. Also, why do they want even more empty seats?

2 Likes

So they can sell expensive tickets to phantom fans.

6 Likes

To artificially inflate their earnings even more? Is anyone checking if their current attendance numbers are close to true?

1 Like
4 Likes

What city are specifically complaining about is only a rule because the related party transaction regulations it replaced was understood, after dealing with City, to be unenforceable against a club with rich related parties who wanted to get around it

https://x.com/LfcShaunjudge/status/1798475175366660412?t=E0r4uxB6CBYeRpNkcr0DVQ&s=19

This made me :joy:

4 Likes

:+1: :rofl:

Couldnt decide which was a better fit, so you get both

1 Like

It’s in the name. So bitter that they would slit their own throats just to get all the red out of them.

2 Likes

Grealish and Foden the last time City were in FFP compliance

18 Likes

Can anyone share a non-paywalled version?

1 Like
4 Likes

I know people who rant and rave about adenochrome are nuts, but if someone was to tell me that Stavely pays people to steal kids to harvest their blood I’d believe you without a moment’s doubt.

“Yeah, she looks like one of those people.”

2 Likes
3 Likes

The remaining 19 rejoin the football league.

1 Like

The remaining 16! (bitters,plastics and oil codes can join them.

Even though this isn’t the Newcastle thread, Amanda Staveley has been mentioned in a less than positive manner.

She was diagnosed with Huntingdons Disease in 2013. Her central nervous function would be compromised, and her general health will slide. Her appearance seems to be a side effect of a degenerative illness.

I know people will poke fun at appearances anyway, and all things are fair game in some comedic way.
As long as we know what we are making fun of.

9 Likes

Wow, this is probably the most aggressive article I’ve read on the subject, going as far as to describe Cheaty and Abu Dhabi as a threat to British interests:

“And let us be clear about what all this means. An emirate, whose government is autocratic and therefore not subject to the full rule of law, is paying for a squad of eye-wateringly expensive lawyers to pursue a case in British courts that directly violates British interests. For whatever one thinks about what the Premier League has become, there is no doubt that its success has benefited the UK, not just in terms of the estimated contribution to the economy of £8billion in 2021-22, but also through a tax contribution of £4.2billion and thousands of jobs.”

“Yet what would happen if the spending taps were allowed to be turned full tilt by removing restraints related to “associated partners”? That’s right: what remains of competitive balance would be destroyed, decimating the league’s prestige and appeal.”

I wonder: is the author a reputed journalist, or just an unknown blogger venting his frustration like all of us?

6 Likes