Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

The mighty Vancouver FC!!!

LOL

Whitecaps beat them two years in a row way back when - that was NASL era, with none other than Bruce Grobelaar as keeper.

4 Likes

Liverpool signed Peter Beardsley from the Whitecaps. One season, half their roster was Englishmen, half was Canadian, and there was one South African.

2 Likes

Hard to believe it will amount to something…a bit like our transfer dealings this week :rofl:

https://x.com/TimesSport/status/1823076259187867922?t=NRqvS6kmqKcV2AyW3lEuUg&s=19

Pep leaving at end of season rumours in 3…2…1…

‘The hearing has been scheduled to last ten weeks, with the commission members expected to deliver their verdict at the start of 2025. The outcome of City’s separate legal case brought against the Premier League’s associated party transaction rules (APT) is set to be revealed in the next two weeks, which would then allow the 115 charges hearing to take place earlier. There is a belief that City have achieved some successes in the arbitration hearing.’

Anyone know what that might mean ?

My guess would be they have paid enough to different parties to ensure they vote favorably for Man Cheaty

3 Likes

The hearing into Man City’s 115 charges will begin next month.

The verdict is expected in early 2025, with Everton to be docked 10 points.

7 Likes

That they’ll get away with a slap on the wrist. Probably a “record-breaking” fine that they’ll then negotiate down.

They’ll publish a statement on their website saying they’ve been vindicated and all the journalists will celebrate and say we can all move on from this unpleasantness and just appreciate what a great team they are.

4 Likes

Fixed

2 Likes

I don’t post frequently at all, but here’s a bold prophecy I have developed after “a couple” of drinks - Pep Guardiola as English national team manager.

There seems to be no clear frontrunner since Southgate resigned. We’ve even seen Klopp as a name thrown around, so is Pep so unreasonable?

If he plans to leave Man City at the end of this season, then he will available in the near future. Caretaker til then? If he is to leave, what better a gig than the English manager from both the Pep and Man City perspective?

Surely England would not turn down one of the best managers in the world. And if he gets the job, imagine the scandal of the 115? Found guilty, the national side would have to give up perhaps the best manager around. Surely you have to work out a way to downplay the charges and keep him. So Pep preserves his trophy legacy, Man City remain on top, and hey, maybe England finally win something.

A baseless theory of course. But what are your theories on Pep’s next move? Is he ready to leave City? Would he take a break like Jurgen? He doesn’t seem burnt out in the same way to me. But where would he go next?

Probably somewhere like Pyongyang United

3 Likes

Whatever the result, you can be sure City will appeal and exhaust all possible routes, including CAS and whatnot.

So there won’t be a resolution in early 2025, maybe a first decision.

2 Likes

No matter where he goes, it will be money-backed or great drugs (or maybe both) and will forever be a cheating cunt

1 Like

Yeah, fair enough. Can’t really see him going to Saudi Arabia… but maybe he’ll keep his cards close to his chest for a while, and just renew if the court case plays out favourably…

This isn’t under the jurisdiction of CAS.

1 Like

Thankfully, no CAS.

But they will 100% use every procedure avaialble to them.

What I wonder is…will the PL appeal if they lose??

As far as I know, Man City have not provided full and open books since 2018. The Prem needs to change the rules. Open books, available for Prem scrutiny (hiring forensic accountants is probably cheaper than lawyers) and if teams do not cooperate, points deduction, then bigger pts deduction, then booted out of the Premier League.

The Prem needs to be a lot stronger. At present it looks like amateurs versus a cynical nation state with unlimited funds.

Tighten the rules. Own your own competition. Kick them out.

3 Likes

They’re not cynical, just cheats.

There’s a big difference.

2 Likes