Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

My understanding has always been that throwing the ball earns you a yellow, throwing at someone earns you a red for violent conduct. No velocity test required - and bouncing off the back off the head honestly should have been a fist to the face and a few games for Haaland and the offender. That kind of reaction is exactly why it should be a straight red.

5 Likes

The sly cowardly asshole factor alone makes it a red for me.

Bet he wouldnt do it if the Arsenal player was looking at him.

How tall is Haaland? All of 3’ 6" I reckon.

We have to remember Haaland plays for the Cheaters… Lawrence of Arabia was the referee… but, but just read this article, referencing goal celebrations, and why/when yellow cards must be issued

Players can celebrate when a goal is scored, but the celebration must not be excessive; choreographed celebrations are not encouraged and must not cause excessive time-wasting. Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable [worthy of a yellow card] offence but players should return as soon as possible.

A player must be cautioned, even if the goal is disallowed, for:

• Climbing onto a perimeter fence and/or approaching the spectators in a manner which causes safety and/or security issues
  • Acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way
  • Covering the head or face with a mask or other similar item
  • Removing the shirt or covering the head with the shirt

Note the acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way

1 Like

Would love to see this every time city concede a goal … Without the risk of being booked

2 Likes

Man City star Rodri’s worst fears confirmed after crushing knee injury against Arsenal

Rodri is expected to be ruled out for the remainder of the season after suffering a devastating knee injury in Manchester City’s Premier League draw with Arsenal

Manchester City’s title hopes have been dealt a huge blow following the news Rodri has torn his ACL and could miss the rest of the season.

The midfielder collapsed in agony during Sunday’s 2-2 draw with Arsenal after jarring his right knee in the turf. He limped straight down the tunnel before undergoing scans.

And it has emerged Rodri has torn the cruciate ligament in his knee. It’s understood he will travel to Barcelona to have an operation to repair the damage.

1 Like

Ruh Ruh

2 Likes

Going to Barcelona, huh. For “surgery”

Quotation Marks

4 Likes

Zubimendi incoming.

3 Likes

Just gently bounce the ball off the back of Haaland’s head, apparently that is fine.

5 Likes

It would be hilarious if this becomes a running joke in the league that happens after every goal City concede. Especially when Haaland gets wise to it and starts running away immediately.

3 Likes

It’s worth pointing out that Oliver has only refereed one game in UAE. That was the game the day before Darren England gifted Spurs an extra 2 points against us.

Not that it makes it much better. He can and should be forever tainted for the potential vested interest he created by doing that, even just once.

It fucking funny to watch though Arsenal fans creating conspiracy theories based on the (deserved) second yellow of Trossard and how a football team with such integrity as one led by the great Count Arteta should be treated like this by a ref on City’s payroll. I’m glad the two shithouses shared the spoils on Sunday.

2 Likes

Oddly we’ve got an Opinion article about Rodri’s injury and what it means for Man City.

I can’t remember the articles about our injuries but then again as Gary Neville said, it’s no excuse.

2 Likes

I’m convinced that winning 26 and drawing 1 of our first 27 matches played a bigger role in winning it.

19 Likes

It certainly helps :wink:

https://x.com/TrollFootball/status/1838337909298205174

6 Likes

I know it’s not appropriate to wish season ending injuries upon players, but, by happy coincidence, if any player is going to pick up a season ending injury, without my wishing for it, I would wish it were Rodri.

1 Like

In this day and age, that would probably massively increase football revenues too, with all the meme potential…

Debatable I guess, because I presume the argument is that those injuries prevent City from matching that…

For some reason, that made me picture every future game turning into a Benny Hill skit

5 Likes

My impression is that City dont perform quite that strongly during the first half of the season, it’s the second half they steamroller to the titles?

1 Like