Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I might need to think on that! Yes, could sue (City more likely than an individual player) is my instinctive reaction.

2 Likes

But it was an individual that orgaised the party and broke the lockdown restrictions, so shouldn’t they be the ones responsible, not their employer?

1 Like

There should be more robust rules in place for a pandemic hit season. After the break last time, there was a lot of opportunity to thrash it out. What is the mechanism for calling an incomplete season? What are the covid rules clubs have to enforce? What is deemed unacceptable and thus punishable behavior in breaching the bubble, rather than simple bad luck and virus spread? What is the penalty if it is determined a culpable breach happened? Individual fine? Suspension? Club docked points? Forfeits game? What is the obligation on the club to field a team and fulfil it’s fixture obligation? If a match is called off, who decides, and when?

I will stop with the questions, but it is easy to ask, off the top of my head sitting here typing.

It seems to me that the Prem hasn’t done a very good job of setting up rules, fit for purpose, to help clubs navigate the times. The regrettable thing is there was plenty of opportunity during a lengthy lockdown.

Once you hit questionable areas, such as Man City v Everton being called off, you can bet that in the absence of a clear rule or sanction, teams like Man City will act in ways to suit themselves. And why wouldn’t they? Potentially, the whole season could grind to a halt in a legal quagmire, if clubs decide to get litigious, and to my mind the fault lies upstream, when the opportunity for some clear thinking was eschewed.

7 Likes

Hope not.

City have enough money to not care, and will not affect their next ÂŁ50m spent on a defender.
Everton will be helped.

I would say players banned would be a more appropriate punishment, especially if this is Walkers fault again.

1 Like

I assume this is why Everton have asked the question

2 Likes

Answers to a lot of those questions can be found in the new PL rules, protocols and guidelines though. I just can’t be bothered to look right now :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah, yeah… bloody lawyers!

Happy New Year!

Edit:
Out of interest, what is the mechanism for an incomplete season? Can the standings be called as is, after a certain number of games?

1 Like

Apparently they didn’t make any protocols for it being curtailed, like you would have thought that would have been one of the first things, scientists were saying a second wave was certain, not really sure what the governments messaging was towards the end of the summer.

Anyhow not the place but yeah baffling how they’ve been caught short on that.

4 Likes

As @mattyhurst says, that’s one of the things that they haven’t decided. They were due to make a decision on it around November time, I think but couldn’t reach a consensus. Absolutely baffling to me that that particular issue wasn’t sorted before the league began because it was obviously going to become almost impossible once the season had started and teams made good, bad or indifferent starts.

3 Likes

If true everyone at that party and Walker in particular needs to be arrested and charged by the police first.

Then the the FA do their thing (which means nothing)

Fear I have is that people will latch onto this and think it’s ok. One rule for one etc.

1 Like

Is it known which 5 City players were tested positive?

I don’t care how City, United, Spurs, Chelsea etc do, I care how we do, and we should do better.

2 Likes

Kyle Wanker and Jesus are both confirmed, the other 3 haven’t been anounced yet. I guess people will be able to guess who they are when the team gets announced for the Chelsea match today

1 Like

I’m going to guess Sterling and Foden, almost dead certs, and maybe Ake.

2 Likes

According to TalkShite, Cheaty are investigating reports that Benjemin Mendy threw a party on NYE with a number from outside his family/bubble attending.

1 Like

According to my Livescore app Ederson is missing (as a Brazilian very likely he had contact with Jesus).

2 Likes

Is he missing because he walks on water now…

2 Likes

I’m very concerned about the Italian Supporters’ Branch.

I hope that they’re all okay.

1 Like

Front of the papers this morning. Fucking moron. Something deeply rotten about this club. Stuff like this happens too often. Culture of feeling like the rules don’t apply?

9 Likes

But nothing ever happens to them, as I said before on the Covid claim, the Kyle W****ker parties and the Mendy party…money talks.