Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

My favorite quote on Blue Loon so far today has to be

I can tell you where the money has gone. On a bunch of fullbacks that aren’t good enough.

Oh and as fair chunk up Peps nose no doubt

6 Likes

Quadruple my ass, mourinho is capable of doing what chelsea done today in other cup final and I can see them fucking up in the champions league also.

3 Likes

Spurs will need a fit Harry Kane to stand any chance.

5 Likes

At times I’ve seem them play better without Kane

3 Likes

Nah, Mourinho has become a proper bumbling buffoon.

1 Like

Disney You Hate To See It GIF by Cincinnati Bearcats

1 Like

Phil Foden is some player. And trust me, I take no particular pleasure or delight in saying something kind about Citeh. In a vacuum, putting all emotion and distaste for their club aside, I’m really impressed with how he’s developing and excelling in their system. He’s a legitimate talent and superstar in the making. Supporters of England have to be excited.

5 Likes

He is class to be fair.

1 Like

Shame he’s a wanker.

3 Likes

He plays for city - no denying he is a wanker but he is a talented footballer for what, 19 years old?

1 Like

Are you one of the aliens from The Simpsons? :thinking:

2 Likes

Hahaha ooppps

1 Like

Yeah, fantastic prospect and not only that, he’s already pretty good. Can cover about 4 positions. Already more than 100 games for City. Could be an amazing player. Just needs to be careful not to totally go off the tracks like Alli par example, when there was similar hype and attention around him (with Foden it might be even more actually).

2 Likes

For me Foden is head and shoulders above where Dele ever was.

For me Dele is finished. But it’s true he needs to stay focused on football or he could go off the tracks

Fucking hell dunno what I would have done to 50k per week at 18/19 :rofl:

3 Likes

I know people who run operations designed to make sure these kids dont really see their money so they dont get tainted by it. They realize they live in a nice house, drive a nice car and buy lots of shoes, but they dont have much of an idea of how much more is still left over and how destructive they could be in trying to spend it.

Ye makes total sense.

You’d just stick it all away wouldn’t you.

Get a decent house, decent set of wheel, pay yourself a percentage of your weekly income into an account you access and stick the rest away for a rainy day.

Get a team of financial advisors and you’re sorted

1 Like

The fascinating thing for me is where is he going to play. I’ve long railed that the biggest issue with English football is our lack of classic game controlling midfielders. For all the strengths of the likes fo Gerrard and Lampard, their strengths were not on controlling games, but on pitching in with game winning moments. To that point, one of my frustrations is as soon as we find an english player who is good on the ball we immediately try to shoehorn them into a number 10 role forgetting that there is just as much value in placing that ability on the ball in a deeper starting position - see Pirlo actually transitioning from the Italian 10 (trequartista) to the “Pirlo” role deeper in midfield, the Regista. You look at the likes of Foden and Mount and Im not sure whether they will be or should be more De Pierro type attackers or midfielders, but I’ve id have been made to choose I would have said Mount was the forward and Foden the mid, but it seems to be going the other way.

1 Like

Do you know what you would do with 50k/w now?

4 Likes

Spend all his time on TAN, probably.

6 Likes