Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Hmm. Probably done on the subject. I find your comments hard to follow more than a bit condescending and a lot of waffle.
You respond to me and nowhere have I talked about his baldy head etc. Saying stuff like People in football know more than me and guess what I’m right.

As I said excellent excellent manager who relies on a shed load of money much more than someone like Klopp does.

You don’t agree. No probs.

Yes, Alex Ferguson played a grumpy Glaswegian detective called Taggart.

2 Likes

English is not my first language, so I’m not the best at that, sorry. But I think I explained myself well enough in a few long posts, talking either about Pep or other managers, other examples, answering and asking questions (even to myself out loud, my opinion is still forming on a lot of topics).

Yeah, we don’t agree, glad that there are no problems. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Sorry didn’t realise that. Then I understand some things better.

Such as “I get it you don’t” in one of your comments means to somebody who’s first language is English, I understand it, you don’t. At least to an old timer like me.

I guess I’m saying Guardiola is like Lewis Hamilton, a hell of a good driver, but it’s easier to be a hell of a good driver in the best car. How do I know? Because Bottas is only coming 2nd or 3rd in the same car. Yet in an inferior car Verstappen is giving Hamilton a bloody nose sometimes and pushing Hamilton to his limits.

And of course no problems, I appreciate your point of view.

1 Like

That “I get it, you don’t” was in my conversation with @RedOverTheWater, I meant that I get the love Pep gets (maybe not here, but in general!).

3 Likes

Yes, it is fine!

Vive la difference!

2 Likes

City so used to fake crowd noise, obviously unable to cope now that fans are back.

5 Likes

Who Chelsea?

Not much of one, I’d say City have a bigger history, regardless I don’t think a league title for eithier of these teams matters as much as ours last season or if Klopp was to deliver another before he goes.

We know how fleeting success is, we know we are rich but not rich as in if one signing flops we go out and sign another 2.

We still might finish 7th this season and we don’t know when we will reach the CL again.

It’s what makes it special, it’s why for Leicester at the weekend was special and it’s probably why I was so angry over that ESL.

Even the fans of the 70s and 80s must cherish these recent achievements as much as the old days if not more, one point I never felt I’d see us win the Title.

Man City will be oh well next season then.

3 Likes

Put fans back in the stadium and City lose the game. Some on here have been saying the empty stadiums suited City more than other teams.

3 Likes

I really hope Man City get Kane. They have such a good record at getting injury prone world class strikers onto the pitch. Twenty games a season instead of 30 coming up for our 'Arry.
Which works out at £500,000 per game in wages minimum.

1 Like

Yeah, much better option that Haaland (or Mbappe).

1 Like

Like Jose he’s a cheque book manager.

1 Like

‘Man City wouldn’t have won the title with our injuries!’ - Klopp reflects on difficult Liverpool campaign

The Merseyside outfit were deposed by their rivals as title holders this term, but their manager feels they wouldn’t have done so on a fair field

Jurgen Klopp believes that Manchester City would not have reclaimed the Premier League title this season if they had been forced to contend with the same injuries that Liverpool have, as the Reds prepare for a last-stand shot at securing Champions League football.

The Merseyside outfit, English title holders for the first time in three decades last term, have struggled to defend their crown this campaign, and looked at one point at serious risk of missing out on continental football entirely after several key defensive injuries.

Rivals City conversely rallied from a slow start to claim a third title under Pep Guardiola and reach the Champions League final for the first time under the Spaniard - but the German believes that had they been hampered the same way, they would not be sitting atop the summit this time around.

“As good as they are, if City have their three centre-halves out, no [they don’t win the league],” Klopp told his pre-match press conference ahead of a final-day encounter with Crystal Palace.

“Three centre-halves of United, no. For the whole season pretty much too, that is how it is. [But] the thing about a season is you cannot cut off the negative parts from the positive parts and say that we are nearly there.”

Klopp further expanded on how the loss of players such as Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez scuppered Liverpool’s chances to compete for silverware once again, adding: "I said when we lost our centre-halves, all of them pretty much, we broke our leg, but we could still win games.

"It was not always in the most convincing fashion but we were still winning games, scoring.

"Then we had to - and we had to at that time - make midfielders into centre-halves and it broke our spine. Then the whole setup was gone. The young boys were not ready to play at centre-half, the midfielders had to at times [play] at centre-half.

"We lost some rhythm all of a sudden but not all the time. A football team is like an orchestra where plenty of people work together and if you lose one piece, you might be able to still do it, but if you lose two then it becomes difficult.

"It is how I said before, this year, with the amount of injuries we have had, it was not the year to become champions. No chance. For nobody.

"We have fought back a bit, accepted the difficulties and made the best of it. And if we win on Sunday, and if we qualify for the Champions League then we made the best of it. That is it.

Having seemingly faded from European contention at one point, the collapse of several rivals across the final weeks of the season means that Liverpool find themselves back inside the top four heading into the last game of the campaign.

Though they could theoretically still win and not make the Champions League, that would require Leicester City - coached by former Reds boss Brendan Rodgers - to secure a superior four-goal margin of victory over Tottenham than what Klopp and his side manage against Palace.

An extra wrinkle is that Anfield will play host to the final game of former Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson’s time in charge of Palace, with his side surely determined to send him off on a high.

2 Likes

I hate Man City just as much as the next bloke but for anybody to say Guardiola isn’t a good coach is fucking mental.

Regardless of what we as fans say the vast majority of people in football, including Klopp says Guardiola is the best coach in the world.

I wouldn’t swap him for Klopp… I wouldn’t swap Klopp for anybody for that matter but to say Guardiola isn’t a good coach is just bat shit bonkers.

Yes he has worked at the top clubs in the world and had big budgets… but he is still top quality.

7 Likes

My girlfriend was fucking mental but then she dumped me.

7 Likes

Guardiola might be one of the best managers ever but I want to see how he would do at Spurs or Arsenal. I want to see how he would do at Sevilla or Villarreal. I want to see how he would do at Gladbach or Leverkusen. I want to see how he would do at Lazio or Napoli. I want to see how he would do at Lyon or Marseille.

If he can win 2 league titles in 5 years with one of those clubs and takes them to a CL semi final then we can talk about him being a genius.

His solution for every problem nowadays is spending some money.

6 Likes

Yeh I get ‘but’ and ‘so’ mixed up sometimes too.

2 Likes

As Klopp has never been in an orchestra and experienced how many pissheads with hangovers the conductor has to deal with everyday I guess he’s reaching a bit with this analogy.

2 Likes

I dont think anyone is calling him a poor manager. He is decent, but as is pointed out he has had jobs where winning is easier, due to money etc.

He wouldnt have won a CL with Djimi Traore in the side.
He wouldnt have won the league with City without a stack of money to spend.

He wouldn’t be a PL winning manager this season if Klopp had any run of good luck.

5 Likes

You have to have some quality to achieve let’s be honest look how crap Juve have looked and how much better Chelsea look now.

The best? Nah, a top coach yeah.

Is he better than Klopp, I don’t think so

3 Likes