Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Not one person on this forum has said Guardiola isn’t a good coach.
For anyone to say the posters on this forum have said Guardiola is not a good coach is mental. :grin:

1 Like

Happy for Aguero to nick the record off Rooney.

1 Like

Does anyone know how many points we were ahead of City after our 7:0 against Palace?

Wasn’t it like 10 points and they had two games in hand?

When we finished we were 11 ahead they got it back to 8 later that day with a game in hand.

6 Likes

Those two assists from Fernandinho yesterday were a peach.

3-0, game and league well over, everyone’s already on holiday. He goes from the holding midfield position being 36 years old to press the opponent, steals the ball for the first assist. Then, a fantastic cross like Trent from a deeper right position right onto Aguero’s head.

Earned himself another year recently with performances from that backup position. Rodri is very good, but sometimes a little bit slow and flat footed defensively. We’ll see what they go with in the final.

1 Like

Pep gets really combative when asked about his budget.

11 Likes

Hahaha how can he say that. Without the money they were a yoyo club

3 Likes

Because its utterly true, the more he tries to deny it the more of a knob he looks.

8 Likes

And when I say yoyo i mean yoyo-I guess between League 1 and the championship and PL… not just like a Fulham or Norwich

Here is the difference between them and Chelsea compared to the rest of us.

If Liverpool lose three defenders they have to cobble together a deal for some bloke from Preston and a last minute loan deal for a bloke playing for a relegation threatened side.

If they lose a third or fourth they then have to play Nat Phillips a bloke who they left out of their CL squad and a teenage kid who looks like he wouldn’t get in a pub even with ID.

Man City and Chelsea can just go out and buy someone and no doubt would have had that player ready on the 2nd of Jan, if they are shit, they can dump him and buy another in the summer.

Like they’ve done on full backs for years.

I think I’d have a lot more time for him if he didn’t come out with shit like this. With the money they have this should not be their first CL final

13 Likes

I don’t deny that he works hard and that his players work hard. But it’s easier to win a race if you’re in a Ferrarri and everybody else is on push bikes

7 Likes

The Nathan Ake experience demonstrates it. They already have 2 different 50 million CBs at the club, go and buy Ake for a price that would make him our 4th most expensive player ever (I think) and while still pursuing their real target.

11 Likes

It’s sensitive for Guardiola, as obviously he is a serious professional, and very talented too. Those two things can both be true, while a third thing… lots and lots of money to do it all - can also be true.

It’s not either/or.

Serious coach. Serious student of the game. Very talented professional.
AND lots of money too. Much more than anyone else.

6 Likes

Touchy isn’t he? He knows that it’s true, that’s why it bothers him so much.

In any case if he feels that he and his team are misunderstood and underappreciated, all he has to do is emulate Klopp and Liverpool and spend what his club, and his club alone, earns.

Something tells me that he won’t be willing to do that though.

12 Likes

How exactly have they made a fucking big, huge mistake Pep?
When it’s the truth! City are the only club who can easily afford to have two top class players for every position. Even Chelsea can’t compete with that. So, how exactly is it not because of the money?

9 Likes

Pepsy should just shut-up regarding money. I saw a post here few weeks ago, City bench was worth half-a-billion, yeah, you saw right, during their Cup semi-finals.

You got half-a-billion like spare changes and you claim money isn’t the main issue behind your success. WTF does he smoke???

6 Likes

Nothing.

He snorts.

11 Likes

Everyone be quiet. You’ll have Zoran writing war and peace.

2 Likes

Pep the cheater. Financial and on the field. Pep the doper. Caught as a player, heavily rumoured to still use unapproved substances. Pep the hypocritical whinger. Can’t cope with having his ridiculously profligate spending pointed out. Whines about how hard it is for him to win ‘tittles’ despite being given a massive legup by FFP flouting. Talks of human rights for Catalans and taking a ‘principled stance’ to wear a yellow ribbon while working for a regime that are continually responsible for some of the worst human rights abuses anywhere yet never says a peep. Pep the sarcastic, moody and tiresome man who, despite having a much better wicket than others in the game, is rarely as generous with those journalists/supporters etc around him.

Overall just not someone that deserves to be eulogised.

8 Likes

Ironically the players would be thinking he’s just speaking shit

Deep down they know why they are there and it’s not because of childhood dreams of walking out in front 2000 supporters at the Emirates stadium

Not suggesting for a second the salah would play for free, but he can feel the passion when he walks out etc etc

4 Likes