Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Didn’t know that Liam Delap, this 17-year old striker who scored (great finish) on his debut last night, was Rory Delap’s son.

3 Likes

Use it to snort blow off said working girls??

:man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Always listen to the voice of experience :+1:

5 Likes

I actually thought it was Rory they are talking about :joy:. And I was thinking, man, that guy must be 40 by now :nerd_face:.

1 Like

Speaking from experience?

I’ve always said you lot north of Beenleigh are a bunch of wrong’uns :wink:

3 Likes

He’s excellent for that age too, also Cole Palmer who was on the bench is very good.

1 Like

What are his throw ins like?

2 Likes

Never paid a working girl in my life.

3 Likes

You’re so good that they pay you, right?

9 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

That’s the bit you felt needed addressing?

I’m a little disappointed the Beenleigh remark didn’t catch your wrath :rofl:

The headline is a bit clickbait, there’s little mention of Thiago, but it’s a good piece.

Most people focus on City’s situation at CB, the need of one more (valid), how they defend certain situations in general.

But there’s also still a question how well do they continue without David Silva. One would say “just put Bernardo there, he’s another Silva!”. But it’s not as easy like that, to go from starting mostly off the inside right to the LCM role.

City already played in the past different structures in midfield, even with David Silva still there.

But let’s see now how it evolves. Against Wolves it was a clear double pivot in line, Foden off the right but very much tucked inside, Bruyne basically as a #10, but more in the left half space. Sterling a runner in behind off the left side. On paper, one would put them as a 4-2-3-1, but in terms of activity of individuals, you could also say 4-2-2-2 (a cage of 4 midfielders, a winger/runner and a striker).

When all fit and in form, in that structure it could be Bernardo instead of Foden (in that case more questions would be asked of Walker and maybe Cancelo would see more of a chance there to get more game time) and Gundogan instead of one of Fernandinho/Rodri. Though that would also depend on the opposition.

So it will be interesting to follow not only City’s situation in defence/defensive transitions, 1v1’s and inside the box, but also that central midfield.

I just had visions of him doing a runner whilst pulling his trousers up

6 Likes

skin flint

1 Like

Thiago wanted to sign for us. Fuck all to do with Cheaty whether they wanted to sign him or not!

2 Likes

Still the thought of them crying about us signing him hasn’t worn off yet. Probably wont all season.

2 Likes

They will cry more when Thiago turns in a decisive display in a Liverpool victory over Man City.

We’ve given as good as we have received in recent exchanges, some wins, some losses, about as expected I suppose. However, I have a slight impression that more of our wins have come from an explosive front line, rather than the crushing control of having more of the ball, more territory, more probing passes, relentlessly chipping away. That side of things has tended to be more City’s game than ours.

Well, now we have it all. I think the addition of Thiago will help us beat City at their own game, and when our previously established strengths are factored in, they are going to lose more regularly to us. It is written.

6 Likes

The citeh fans know they’ve got a small window with Pep to win the CL so want everything now,after him they’re fucked.

7 Likes

I’d feel a tad more sympathy for them if they didn’t start banging on about us not winning the PL after they won their first one (I know that’s the nature of football fans, but, still). Anyway, the fact that we’ve now won the PL and they still haven’t won the CL makes it all the funnier.

7 Likes

Knowing Pep’s luck, The guy following him might have a better chance of winning the CL. Look at Bayern, Champs League before and after his reign

3 Likes