Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Hello!! It’s the difficult poster who thinks he’s hilarious here.

First of all, couldn’t have cared less who won. Maybe marginally wanted the Chavs. Wasn’t going to watch but the missus who is a Real fan put it on.

I was shocked that Kun and Fernandinho were not playing. Had to check to see if they had knocks. Nope.

Pep best in the business? Well I think I explained why not (imo). But tonight he really out did himself. What a terrible performance Man City put in. We blew them away in the semi, the Chavs just counter attacked.

Now the Chav’s. They did to Real what we should have done. But really Tuchel is just playing counter attack football. Which is what he did tonight. Granted he’s better at setting up his side than OGS. Has more life in him than OGS but basically it OGS Mark || at the moment.

Let’s see what he can do next season in the league when most of the teams will counter attack them.

3 Likes

Pep makes the same mistakes again. He over thinks his tactics. Discussions are that, Fernandinho should have been in the starting lineup.

4 Likes

Yeah, I also expected Dinho just about ahead of Rodri (but one of them for sure). Going without a striker was no surprise, it was expected and it’s how they played basically for the whole season. I think their inside right side was a bit weak (Bernardo playing almost like a right sided double pivot and a lot of City’s offensive focus went on their left, attacking Chelsea’s right) and not protected enough and it’s exactly where they conceded the goal. They weren’t really themselves enough tonight, a lot of mistakes in possession, losing passes too easily, playing a bit too wild, which was the type of game that suited Chelsea’s transition more. City’s CB’s didn’t have a good game either. Decision without a holding midfielder was pretty risky, but also City’s overall performance could’ve/should’ve been better than that. In the end, a good final, though not a great one.

6 Likes

What a great manager Pep is.

First having to manage the best player and the best trio of an attacking midfield football has ever seen. And then move to lead the richest national budget a state has ever allocated to its entertainment cabinet.

Amazing achievement to buy the PL a few times and even bigger achievement to buy yourself out of the legal headache with FFP. If you survive this, you must have learned that next time you need to write a bigger check to UEFA.

6 Likes

Not that i want the chavs to win the CL, They are as bad as City for me.

But BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ Pep. Go suck it up wanker.

10 Likes

All that money spent. All the fanfare. Taking football to new horizons…

Nope. Huffed and puffed but didn’t look like scoring.

Can’t stand Chelsea, but delighted Man City didn’t win. Pep proves he’s as good as Pellegrini and Mancini. Well done. Bald fraud.

10 Likes

Just before the CL final and discussing how to beat Chelsea (after losing to them previously):

PEP 💬 I am so confident in my team.

You cannot imagine how confident I am in my team and what we have to do.

— Manchester City (@ManCity) May 24, 2021

hahahahahaha. Totally overrated manager.

9 Likes

After all they bantered us for not winning the PL before last year, we need to be insufferable to them (and we will be).

3 Likes

Mansour spent so much money ( that only one can dream about) on Man City, only to see Man City fail to win any UCL since 2008.

2 Likes

More gems from the Loon, this one courtesy of handle “super_city_si”:

• Chelsea are dippers 2.0 and its peps kryptonite. Solid defensively with a very effective press and just punt it forward to speed merchants.*
4 Likes

I guess that Sterling, Mahrez and Gabriel Jesus are slowpokes!

2 Likes

what does inevitably happen the instance a chelsea manager signs a new revised deal ?

2 Likes

I felt so disgusted that I’m in 7th heaven Chelski won. Was thinking of going to the supermart to grab a ton of disinfectant and bleach to wash all that filth away.

Then on reflection, no need to as my happiness is actually on Messi-less Fraudiola failing again and again and again in the UCL…this time with the elusive trophy right in his revulsive cokeface.
So very near and yet still light years and parsecs away. Long may he not find his way out of CL hyperspace.

3 Likes

Pep is neither overrated or a fraud. He’s one of the two best managers in the world. (No prizes for guessing the other one.) He’s also his own worst enemy at times , and last night was one of those times.

I thought Chelsea were very good. Comfortable in possession and rock solid at the back. If only Werner could finish they’d be frightening.

Good game and a great end to the season … for us. :smiley:

11 Likes

I think with our focus on City choking, again, the way Chelsea played can be overlooked. City really pressed and closed off space to Chelsea across the 90 minutes, but Chelsea successfully played one touch football through that press all night long. Sure that gameplay unraveled in my opinion in the last 15 minutes (perhaps due to fatigue) but it worked across much of the game.

This won’t go down too well but while watching, it had me wondering whether 20/21 Liverpool could have done that and I without question think we would have needed an alternative plan, as 20/21 Liverpool is nowhere near clean enough in possession, with our without the intense City pressure.

Plus as good as our midfielders are, we don’t have Kanté.

Good news is we thrive with the crowd while City thrive without it. And I feel that will flip the tables next season.

3 Likes

Idiot! How’s it going?

====
Sing shit now assholes, karma! They literally had the Allez lyrics with:

Ramos injured Salah,
victims of it all,
Sterling won the double,
and the scousers won f**k all! Allez Allez…

And this made me chuckle! :joy:

9 Likes

His own worst enemy at times. Biggest match in the clubs history, and he fucks it up with inane vanity. He has to show the world that he wins matches his way. No centre forward is a master plan against Sheffield Utd, no DM against Chelsea is criminally stupid.
The best managers use what they have at their disposal in the best way possible.
That stroke of genius last night is evidence that Pep is NOT amongst the group of great managers.
To paraphrase Eamon Dunphy on Platini…
“He is a good manager
But he is not a great manager!”

6 Likes

I can’t remember disagreeing with anything else you’ve written before @JU97ICE but this is defeatist rubbish. Our 2021-22 passing is going to be quite accurate enough to play a number of ways when beating both of these sides and with Thiago Alcantara in his second season and in full flow. Sorry but let’s not do our chances down just because a couple of Chelsea players played at peak level.

2 Likes

The first time he’s played a game all season without Rodri or Fernandinho in the line up.

Did someone tell pep it was a final?

4 Likes

Just read the result right now. Glad that the mass-murdering cheaters from Abu Dhabi didn’t put their dirty hands on the trophy. On the other hand, the other bunch of cheaters winning it doesn’t please me at all. Meh.

For me, this was a non-event anyway, between two disgusting, vile clubs / bunch of supporters. They can all get lost as far as I’m concerned.

10 Likes