Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I think he panicked because Tuchel beat him TWIIIIIICE already, so tried something different and overthought it, good ol’ Pep.

7 Likes

Yes but the way we were playing in 20/21 we wouldn’t have beat City in the final IMO unless we drastically improved. Even at the end of the season there where we turned out form around, I don’t think the performance was clean or clinical enough to best City last night. The evidence is also that we failed to beat City this year.

I completely agree that 21/22 we can recapture previous year’s form and we could beat City twice. With a full Anfield crowd I expect at least 1 win.I’m not questioning that. Only that I can’t think of a good performance ( plenty of good results) in 20/21 where I’d be confident working through last night’s City press.

Next season is a clean slate. And Thiago will add massively. I’m quietly confident.

1 Like

What makes it so brilliant, is that City will never get as good an opportunity to win the CL again. The draw fell nicely for them

Group stage:
Porto (finished 2nd in Portugal)
Marseille (finished 5th in France)
Olympiacos (Champions Greece)

Last 16
Monchengladbach (8th Germany)
Last 8
Borussia Dortmund (3rd Germany)
Semi Final
PSG (2nd France)
Final
Chelsea (4th England)

Facing teams who generally fell below expectations this season. For most of the games They had no fans in stadium which suited them perfectly (and disadvantaged the likes of Dortmund).

The had no pressure on them in the league (could easily rest players) , no injuries (only club on physioroom who before match had 0 players injured), and a subs bench that included Laporte, Rodri, Mendy, Aguero, Torres, Fernandinho, Jesus, :exploding_head:

He could not ask for a greater advantage than luck gave them.

Which makes it all more more sweet.

So even though I hate Chelsea I was like this during the game
Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

26 Likes

The absolute definition of a shit plastic club in the year 2021. Not a single decent ranty youtube fan channel to chortle deeply at.

Maybe neither of their fans can be arsed?

7 Likes

Also to be fair, Moyes wasn’t given that much time to try and rebuild look how much time they’ve given Solskjaer.

Anyway I just wanted to say I’m so glad City lost and Guardiola, I have visions of him screaming in an empty room somewhere.

3 Likes

Being reported on TalkShite the Sterling and Walker have been receiving racist abuse on social media overnight.

As has been said so many times before, what a classy fanbase

4 Likes

The thing with this whole racist abuse problem is that I could be doing it, or you. Setting up a City themed twitter account would take 30 seconds. I dis see that idiot teacher spouting at Rashford but I think he’s in the minority.

5 Likes

Basically they choked again on the night!

3 Likes

I know I am in a minority here, but, I do feel sorry for Pep in a way. I think he is good man and excellent manager, I just cannot hate him and he is very gracious in defeat, unlike Mourinho who blames everyone else when he loses. It is not Pep’s fault he has rotten owners. One, cannot choose their employers.

Also, because we have also suffered so much heartache losing European finals, I understand the sentiment of players being so upset. My heart strings tugged a little seeing footballers sobbing on the pitch. I also felt sorry for Pochettinho as well, even though I was so happy we won in 2019. Players and managers have feelings too.

The racial abuse Sterling and Walker received on social media is disgusting. Our players have also been subjected to racial abuse by a minority of our own fans as well is out of order, it needs to rooted out and Twitter and Instagram are useless at dealing with it, unless you infringe copyright on a video.

5 Likes

you sure bout that?

12 Likes

Why would we be angry or hurl racist abuse at them though? Seems like a waste of time? Every non-City fan will be over the moon now and proud of what Sterling and Walker did for us all last night. Would you think of sending abuse to OGS right now? Sure there will be some true twisted cunts who do it under the guise of being a City fan, but I imagine the majority will be just content to see city self implode without any of our help.

1 Like

Probably rings true for a lot of people the Abu Dhabi regime ‘employ’, but not Pep.

5 Likes

“X’s fans hurl racist abuse at player”

Very easy, if you hate X, to generate that story and make THEM look like cunts is my point.

Twisted? I watch Mark Goldbridge everyday for the comedy value. That’s pretty twisted.

3 Likes

Pep has this attitude that I can only describe as arrogance. During all/most crucial games he comes up with some weird tactical plan as winning the game in a simple manner is beneath him. Ultimately that weird tactical plan is his downfall. It’s difficult to feel sorry for him.

6 Likes

Let’s also not forget from our own examples what Rafa par example went with in Istanbul (maybe too offensive from the start) and Athens (maybe too defensive from the start).

Without Hamann in Istanbul and with a XI in Athens that never really played/started the game that season. We didn’t play badly, but we could’ve played better.

There are examples, but people are sometimes less comfortable with more offensive/risky ones rather than more defensive ones, regardless that the first are on paper more attractive. It’s in humans nature, I guess.

That was certainly a little surprise by Pep (which didn’t work out), but I wouldn’t go too far to limit everything about last night to that move or that I was shocked or that City’s players on the pitch couldn’t play better than they did even with that XI.

Overthinking is also exaggerated for me. His way brought him pretty much to where he is today. In a sea of decisions, he will have some bad ones, it’s only natural.

1 Like

This might be bad news for the Dutch (standing corrected: Belgium) at the Euros. That sounds like a nasty injury that would keep him from heading the ball for a few weeks, but I’m not sure. Anyway, some collision and to play that critical last half hour without him didn’t help their chances.

7 Likes

I thought De Bruyne plays for Belgium.:thinking:

Oh, poor guy, I feel so sorry for him. What a terrible challenge on him.

9 Likes

Even worse news for Belgium if it’s true that De Bruyne has changed allegiance. :wink:

8 Likes

Haha. Of course, I meant the Belgierlands.

11 Likes

Imagine going into a Champions League final and deciding to play your best midfielder - possibly the world’s best midfielder - up front.

Weakening both your midfield and attack. Why would you do that? It’s absolutely stupid.

10 Likes