Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Okay, no problems. :slight_smile:

Yes it was enforced but not for Kewell. Smicer replaced Kewell in the first half when Kewell limped off. Hamann replaced Finnan at half time because the physio said Finnan wasn’t able to play in the second half.

2 Likes

Yeah but the reason we weren’t playing City is because we haven’t had half a team for the entirety of this season.

2 Likes

It’s an unwinnable debate anyway unless Guardiola ever takes a step down and manages a team that is not already one of the best in the league or that has more money then everyone else or a combination of both.

But as it’s more likely he’d go to a PSG, or Juventus or back to Barca then his reputation will always be tainted in that respect.

Klopp has had relative success with Mainz and huge success with Dortmund and now us. Obviously we are a massive club, but we know as well as anyone the financial constraints he’s worked with so far.

Guardiola had no European success with a treble winning Bayern and so far the same with City. But he has still obviously had a massively successful career and should be considered as one if the best modern managers in the world.

Perhaps one day Pep will join an unfancied club and show once and for all that he is a great manager but who knows? Once you might have said that Mourinho was the best in the world but I doubt you’d find many fans who’d want him here if Klopp quit next season.

5 Likes

There’s a vacancy at Palace if he fancies proving himself.

9 Likes

Didn’t watch the game but I saw Rudiger got booked for the incident. Maybe that was their ‘Salah in Kiev’ moment? I was following it on my phone when out walking and immediately thought it was advantage Chelsea.
Anyway, no way do I have any sympathy with anyone connected to that vile club no matter how decent they seem, once you take ABU Dhabi cash you’ve thrown any morals and integrity you had out the window. Especially these cunts who were happy to sing about Salah on their flight home from Brighton.
Karma is a wonderful thing.

3 Likes

From what I saw, Rudiger just put his body in the way and KDB was unortunate that he went face first into a brick wall.

Ramos was falling and essentially grabbed Mo’s arm and rolled over his shoulder wrecking it.

Ramos knew what he was looking to do. Rudiger was just blocking a run.

10 Likes

He (Rafa) had already told Djimi Traore to get changed and showered at half time. Traore was in the shower (but without the water running) coming to terms with being subbed off when Finnan said he couldn’t play on. He (Traore) was told to get re-kitted and back out there. The rest (as they say) is history.

7 Likes

Rudiger’s was a professional foul. Not a red card but defo a yellow because it was cynical. Tuchel has some good players at his disposal and set Chelsea up very well to counter attack.

City were terrible as is Zoran’s defence of Pep. You can take a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.

Comparing Pep to Rafa, ridiculous. Rafa made LFC the number 1 seeded team in Europe. Rafa might have made mistakes but watch the 1st half against AC again. Everything AC did went right. LFC had some chances and one of AC’s goals came on the counter after an AC player handled the ball while lying on the floor.

2 Likes

I’m glad it happened that way because it’s one of the greatest nights in our club’s history, but people’s memories become hazy about games.

Now you can have preferences for players. I could never understand Terry Veneables preference of Darren Anderton over Steve Mcmananaman but just play your players in the right position.

As soon as our CB’s were centre backs and our midfielders were in midfield, results improved. I think Klopp over thought it but again, let’s face it, Klopp had a way more difficult problem to solve than Pep. Maybe Pep had too many players to choose from.

And although Rafa may not be a greatest manager ever contender, that Valencia team was magnificent, then he comes to LFC and wins a Champions league etc + the kind of principles, man he is. He’s a great for me.

11 Likes

apparently KDB broke his nose and got a fractured cheek bone?
folks on bluemoon blame the “armour” that Rudiger was wearing

Outstanding post, Maria. Start to finish I agree completely. In a vacuum, I don’t mind Pep. He’s a football madman/nerd and he gets caught in his own head in big moments. That said, I will never forgive their players for the ugly song they sang about our club and supporters when they didn’t realize there was a phone recording. Never forgive them for that.

It was a conundrum for me watching the match bc I strongly dislike both clubs and their fanbases. I didn’t want to see either lift the trophy. Chelsea players are every bit as arrogant as City’s. I get it, City’s club was built on lies and cheating and financial doping. But there is something that really bothers me about Chelsea that is difficult for me to properly articulate. Just a very smug air.

It’s petty of me to admit, but I think it’s down to watching them lift the trophy 2 short years after we did. I can’t stand it.

6 Likes

Yep re the broken nose and cheekbone.

Just built like a brick shit house.

1 Like

Saw on wikipedia:
Shitty vs English opposition in the CL:
70/71 Eliminated by Chelsea (formerly known as Cup winners cup)
17/18 Eliminated by Liverpool (QFs)
18/19 Eliminated by Spursy (QFs)
20/21 Eliminated by Chelsea (Final)
English sides are their kryptonite :joy:
Pretty good end to this season. It’s a shame that Chelsea won it but better them than Shitty

10 Likes

Pep, gracious?!

4 Likes

Poor Pep. Hope their owners will finally give him the financial backing that he can finally prove he is a genius and win the CL.

15 Likes

There is a vast oversimplification in thinking that had Klopp just bunged in Phillips/Williams as soon as Matip went down, we’d have been fine.

Williams in particular was not ready and needed more time on training before we could turn to him. Klopp has explained this.

10 Likes
13 Likes

So in like 10 years of their owner bankrolling them tk hundreds of millions every season (mainly on left and right backs) they still haven’t won the champions league?

Hahahahahaha fucking jokers

9 Likes

Leaving their vile, racist fanbase out of it how about the fact they are bank-rolled by a criminal who isn’t even allowed to set foot in the country?

8 Likes