Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Can’t see City going in 100million for Grealish and 100 million for Kane.

Then again they do have a bottomless pit so who knows.

1 Like

Grealish is hardly a diver, though. Most fouled man in the PL. Worth £100M? I’m sure West Ham would love to receive that for him. In the same vein of us enjoying the £106M (plus add ons) we got for Coutinho.

Aston villa…

3 Likes

Some credit for getting the jersey color right?

9 Likes

Double-Over8ed. No need to panic.

1 Like

Credit where credit is due!

Burnley’s Grealish will do well at Man City, I fear.

6 Likes

I like Grealish, i would love him to come Liverpool, but that is a fairy story. Wh8lichever club gets him, he would be a huge asset to them.

1 Like

I like Grealish as a player but not as a person.

I’m not sure what my point is though.

2 Likes

Breeze:

1 Like

Just because he gets fouls given doesn’t mean he isn’t a diver. Rather, it is exactly what you expect of someone with a justified reputation of diving.

3 Likes

Fair comment about his reputation. I haven’t watched too many Grealish matches, but whenever I have watched him play, he seems to get his shins and ankles hacked far more than he might seek any advantage from. Can’t really sat that about King Harry, who becomes as unstable as the village drunk whenever he gets inside the penalty area.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’ve actually never been particularly concerned about him diving either. Rather he has that 70s throw back of accepting that if you’re going to get a lot of touches and try to beat defenders you’re going to get kicked and so just seems to get on with it when it happens. It goes with the territory of the unrolled socks.

8 Likes

Problem is he also seems to have a 1970s attitude to drink driving.

2 Likes

If we’re going by shirt colour expect to see him go to Coventry or Napoli. :joy::nerd_face:

2 Likes

So he can keep on making those fouls to break up the counter without ever getting a yellow from those mostly horrible Englisch match officials. :triumph:

4 Likes

I see Pep’s crying again;

Some bits that raised my eyebrow;

Pep Guardiola says Manchester City are being priced out of signing a replacement striker for Sergio Aguero this summer.

Ciy have already made an opening bid worth £100m for Tottenham’s Harry Kane as they look to replace Aguero, who has moved to Spanish side Barcelona on a free transfer.

Priced out? Your fucking club, along with the other super clubs, have driven prices up, at the same time, you’re crying that a £100m bid was rejected - that budget is larger than most clubs summer budgets

At the prices (quoted) we are not going to buy any strikers. It is impossible, we cannot afford it," Guardiola told Catalan network TV3.

All clubs are struggling financially, we are not an exception. We have Gabriel (Jesus) and Ferran (Torres) who have been incredible in this position.

I mean, that’s bullshit. You could sign any number of strikers. It doesn’t need to be Halaand or Kane, i thought Pep was a coach that coached players into being better, but then he needs to spend £100m+ on a striker? Stinking that! Why didnt he sign young exciting Doku? Why doesn’t he take a punt on Tammy Abraham? Or Ollie Watkins?

As for Jesus and Torres, that’s a combined fee of over £50m just there. Ofcourse, no mention of Sterling or Mahrez who also play up top.

We have young players in the academy and we play many times with a false nine. There is more of a chance we aren’t going to buy a striker for next season.

They will never get a chance - I note Man City have already brought in two Brazilian lads this summer from Fluminese (Kayky and Metinho) for a combined £15.5m. Maybe these lads will get a chance Pep?

“We’ll do whatever we can do in the transfer window and if we can’t, we’ll still have the squad that has won the league three times in four years and reached the Champions League final.”

Pep’s a massive fraud. I’m sure it was only a few weeks ago he was saying it’s not because of the money they are where they are. I also found footage of him asking for a pair of fullbacks this summer.

Angry Manchester City GIF by DAZN

10 Likes

Guardiola’s trolling again. What on Earth can he achieve with the most expensive squad in the world ever? Maybe he sees what his neighbours are going to spend, so he’d like some of that as well. It’s an addiction, I guess.

2 Likes

Gotta be honest though if I was a chairman and had a striker valued at 10 million it would be 40 million it City asked.

Fuck them.

6 Likes

And did they seriously think spurs would sell Kane for 100m?