Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Priced out, wasn’t their owning saying he would getting whatever money it takes.

Just want him on the cheap and Spurs aren’t budging, hope Levy does a Henry (in regards to Suarez and Coutinho).

2 Likes

We offered 100m for a striker that was rejected

But we can’t afford to spend much money this year.

Aye right-o Pep

Fucking shameful comment

6 Likes

There were a few on here adamant it would be way less than that just a couple of months ago.

Maybe all the Man City fans will start a just giving page to help Pep.

I doubt all 2 of them would be able to raise that much cash

3 Likes

Not sure who you were referring to but from what I remember the discussion on the forum a few months back was about the £140m figure that was being bandied about by an article in the Athletic. (I think @Draexnael had posted the link ). I still think it unlikely he will go for that much.

You wait until he scores a perfect hattrick against the Italians on Sunday.

1 Like

Everytime Pep speaks about money it gets more and more embarrassing.

Maybe he is doing harder drugs than coke or maybe his not taking any drugs at all and that’s just who he is.

Fucking clown.

Think I lost all my respect for him. Fucking blender. Don’t think he could reach the Top4 with Arsenal or Spurs on a three year stay.

6 Likes

There is no doubt he is a very, very good coach.

But he comes out with some shit

What makes him a good coach?

Limitless money to spend?

Taking the Bayern job where my grandmother would win the league every year?

Being lucky to have Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol in their prime + Messi?

Is he a good tactician? A good man manager? Is he able to react to tricky situations? Win games by taking a risk?

Pep has an idea of playing. The possession game. Tiki Taka. The better player he has (is able to buy) the more successful he will be. That’s it.

Brendan Rodgers assistant (whoever he is) might be a better coach than Pep.

Pep is fake and he can fuck off.

2 Likes

Jurgen reckons Pep os the best coach in the world.

I’ll go with his opinion. And sorry when you are manager or Barca, Bayern, and Man City it sort of comes with the job that you get already world class players and a lot of money.

1 Like

Like seriously what did you expect him to do? Release all the already world class players, not spend any money and only sign players from those countries equivalent of league 2?

Yeah but Klopp is not an arrogant shit so he won’t say he is himself.

3 Likes

Pep says Citeh can’t afford star forwards. The man is still persisting in his efforts to convince everyone that the club built its success on frugality. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Thing is Pep loves to talk shit about the money he’s spent on transfers,he talks like he’s building a squad on fresh air without 2 pennies to scratch his arse with.

Whenever he gets pulled on the money side of things,he instantly gets defensive and brings United and us into it and deflecting the arguement by saying,we don’t spend record fee’s at City,look at LFC £70mill on a keeper and a defender,United £85mill on a defender and £90mill on a midfielder,like we have to accept that and not take into account that he’s spent about £40/50/60mill on atleast 15 players in his squad (which LFC haven’t done,can’t afford to do, and only spent that money from the £140mill sale of Coutinho,but lets not mention that),the problem he will have with buying a £100mill player now,is that he can no longer use that bullshit excuse anymore.

5 Likes

I’m honestly a bit jealous when I see the amounts they (and Chelsea) are getting for players you can’t even call their fringe ones because most of them were never even considered for their match day squads. That said, Liverpool’s model is different to theirs, Edwards doesn’t sign players just so he can flip them in a year or two and make a profit on them but surely Harrison, Ilić (could be a really decent player in the future) and Nmecha haven’t done that much more than Wilson, Grujić and Awoniyi?

Fun fact: Harrison was (very) briefly in the Liverpool youth system.

2 Likes

Chelsea has systematically and successfully turned its youth recruitment into a revenue stream. Marina Granovskaia is their best ever signing.

Mansour, on the other hand, throws money at every direction just because he can.

Our youth recruitment is focused at supplementing the senior squad. Also, due to limited means, we are selective in recruitment. We sell if a player is not good enough or suitable enough for us.

1 Like

Chelsea will be overtaken this season by Man City in terms of their “making money by selling players who have been on loan for 6 years” business model.

City’s academy is full to the brim of elite talent, significantly moreso than any other English club. The whole of Europe will soon be flooded with City academy graduates.

2 Likes

Makes me wonder if I was a professional player, at say 20 years old, would I be happy with a place at Man City knowing I’ll only ever be an academy player who goes out on loan but happy to take the possible 10k per week in wages I’d be on, or if I’d fancy cutting ties and going and playing in championship / L1 / L2 earning 50-75% less income.

Pros and cons to both arguments

1 Like