Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I’d love to see City but Kane, Spurs use that money wisely.

We win the league at a canter and Spurs finish second, followed by Arsenal and Leicester. City finish 5th and end up in Europa league :rofl:

1 Like

Add spurs taking the league cup to make it even more jokes

Beating City in the final on pens.

5-4 and Kane misses :rofl:

1 Like

The memes that would come from peps face would be hilarious

It’s probably only taking them back to a place they were when we went toe to toe and to be honest I’d say less than that, Aguero was a player who would find a way most games.

To be honest last season was just a write off for a number of reasons. Liverpool don’t have the injuries that lead to the oddest period I’ve ever seen by any football club we probably walk it again.

They just did it basically without Aguero last season.

We’ll see who they bring this summer, but it’s normal that they’re obvious favourites.

Eyes will be on the likes of us, Chelsea and United to see if we (all 3 of those or some of them) can close the gap and get closer/win it.

If I remember correctly City had a bad start to last season. Any reasons for that?

No pre-season basically, it took them a little while to get going properly. Then Pep re-arranged how much they train, signed a new deal, they got back to some of his basics, the team found rhythm and that was it.

3 Likes

City won the league with 86 points. The only reason they looked so good was that everyone was else was shit. The United team that had everyone creaming themselves over them finished 2nd on 74 points. Not that 86 is a bad total, it’s what is required to be in the mix for a title win in most seasons although far less than what was needed for the past 3 or 4 seasons. The lack of competition from us and the others is what made City look absolutely streets ahead.

8 Likes

Think it took them like 8-10 games go find their rhythm.

We had some bad results but were on a good way. Some points ahead of them but they had games in hand.

Imagine if we could have got ‘normal’ results until marchday 25 they would have ‘given’ up.

It was a weird season/year of football for all. They went on a 15 win streak in the league in mid season, losing some games at the start and end of it, when it was clear they won it anyway. Got very close to all 4 major trophies, won 2 in the end. I’d say looking at the circumstances we were all in (some with added problems of course, like us), it was a damn good season from them. They responded, now it’s up to us and the rest to respond.

1 Like

That’s normal. Happened to us too. Very difficult to motivate yourself when you know it’s as good as won.

Drooler’s value has just dropped by 50m…
Apparently the PL are instructing referee’s to tighten up on the players that ‘buy’ the penalties that they are awarded…
New rulings for the upcoming season.!

1 Like

No, the Sheikhs are just signing few more cheques. :blush:

Everything seemed to click after the Delph lesson on what they were doing wrong. :confused:

3 Likes

It wasn’t so much they had a bad start, but due to Covid, they started later (along with Utd), so a lot of teams built a fairly noticable lead on them before they had even played their first game.

They also had their season disrupted when opponants were forced to postpone games due to covid outbreaks. I think it was October or November we had played 3-4 more games than they had.

1 Like

Disrupted? One could say they got an extra break at the busiest times… they came back from it and swept the league.

1 Like

Changing a game at the last minute is always a disruption, it is then a case of how the players allow it to effect them.

Grealish is set to sign today.

It’s funny, a few years ago when he was a homegrown lad, not particularly quick and struggling to impose himself in games, while being pictured out on the lash and passed out in the street in Ibiza (or wherever it was), I never imagined him ending up being the most expensive English player ever (at least until if/when Kane goes)…

1 Like