Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

It’s already in place though? There’s been an FA levy on transfer fees for years.

1 Like

Yeah but imagine if Sweeting’s proposition was implemented: 15% on a big transfer. I’m all for it, but they would probably find ways around paying that tax.

The 15% came from me but in my suggestion it would be tiered like Stamp Duty is here in the UK.

So only the amount that is over £100m would attract a levy of 15%.

3 Likes

I think both of you are right - I wasn’t aware of any levy against transfer fees but I like that it is there - although I think the levy should be higher than 5%. Also the FA could probably do more to advertise this scheme and the benefits of it.

At the same time I agree with HIYH that owners of clubs are likely the same people who twist and stretch laws everyday to avoid paying their fair share so the idea that they’ll just happily lump an extra % of a transfer fee into charitable causes is probably fantasy. Many of them would rather spend 1m on lawyers to avoid paying 2m.

Unrelated (but kind of related) I would end the practice of “Undisclosed” transfer fees. Everything should be out in the open.

3 Likes

You’re in good company. Most of the leading football writers at the leading newspapers weren’t aware either until a couple of years ago. You’d think it would be their job to know this stuff.

Agree with you that fees shouldn’t be allowed to be confidential.

1 Like

Grealish was obviously just a smokescreen for Messi.

I really hope Messi joins City. Means the odds available for us to win the league will become even longer and, therefore, all the more profitable when we win it.

4 Likes

Yeah especially when he scores a worldie on opening day against Spurs to follow up his shins giving up against Norwich the week after

Messi is leaving Barca.

I bet a certain Arry Kane is shitting himself now

1 Like

haven’t City been “conservative” with the values they publish? I seem to remember they’ve had some transfers where the quoted value was a… bit surprising.

No, Milner or Robertson will do that.

1 Like

It would be quite nice if they u-turned went for Messi, completely destroying what little dressing room spirit they probably have as everything is rearranged around him.

Meanwhile Harry has to stay at Spurs in the Europa conference, trying to pretend to his teammates that he didn’t really sack of training to try and force a move.

1 Like
2 Likes

Too late!

Who’s up for a game of Pictionary?

My card reads: Buyer’s Remorse.

1 Like

Aston Villa :thinking:

Barca

• Want Coutinho because he plays so well with Neymar for Brazil. Sells Neymar and buys Coutinho anyway
  • Want Aguero because Messi has been asking them to buy him for years. Fail to resign messi after having bought Aguero.

What a fucking mess they are

6 Likes

Grealish has been given the number 10 shirt…

Angry Leo Messi GIF by ElevenSportsBE

1 Like

Apparently he wanted them to sign Romero this summer, who has now gone to Spurs.

1 Like

7 Likes