Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

x918 million

8 Likes

Interesting that Purslow (CEO of Villa) revealed it was all down to his release clause and a number of clubs put bids in but only City went to the Ā£100m. I do wonder if we had put in any sort of feelers for him.

Shame I need to dislike Grealish now. Stupid Alice band wearing prick.

1 Like

Brilliant tactics by Pep, plead bankruptcy so that they only have to pay 100m for Grealish instead of 110m. Genius! Villa got duped.

Now they can tell TH they are really, really broke, so they only have to pay 150m for Arry, so another 10m saved. Strategy folks!

1 Like

I would hope that we have a better scouting department than that.

I know that Iā€™m in a minority on this subject but I really cannot see what all the fuss is about.

Grealish is a decent player; thatā€™s it.

1 Like

Regardless of whether we can see or agree of what the fuss is about with Grealish, I think we all agree hes not worth Ā£100m!

Grealish will not get as much of the ball as he did with Villa, so he can kiss the most fouled medal goodbye.

Salah is the most fouled player in the Premier League.

Itā€™s just that the vast majority of the infringements against him are not called.

12 Likes

I have a Man City supporting friend over here, new to footy in the last few years, obviously. He wonā€™t be told. Just thinks the finance cheating stuff is sour grapes from rival fans. When I line out the crimes he just sends articles, often written from a Man City perspective, about how everyone else has spent money and they are just doing the same sort of thing, and it is jealous rival fans, etc.

This is part of what we have to put up with due to the authorities being unable to hold them to account. (Of course I understand UEFA sought punishment, and they got off on appeal with CAS, due to not cooperating and letting the time elapse).

The fact that independent authorities have not handed down meaningful punishment just makes their fans all the more convinced it is petty rivalry from other fans, and not Man City being in the wrong, as such.

As an analogy it is like Donald Trumpā€™s massive rap sheet, on any number of issues. The fact that he hasnā€™t been prosecuted and thrown in jail for a very long time just emboldens, and convinces, his supporters that it is jealous rivals stirring up trouble for him.

2 Likes

I feel embarrassed for him.

3 Likes

It did cross my mind whether the big fees they are paying for Grealish and Kane are an attempt to pre-empt any action by the Premier League. Throwing cash to other English clubs, for two of Englandā€™s ā€˜starā€™ players, particularly at a time when clubs are struggling financially may weaken any consensus against them.

2 Likes

Theyā€™ve stolen the chair from my pub.

4 Likes

Or getting their signings in so they can ride out a transfer ban.

2 Likes

Full kit wanker.

7 Likes

Cheaty, by owning half of the England team for years to comeā€¦
Any further criticism of their country/regime, will be like self-harming

1 Like

For us Aussies this is the best of both worlds :wink:

How did it end up for Trump?

1 Like

Looking at players they could possibly sell from midfield and attack I feel Mahrez (contract until 2023) could be the first and only one. On the other hand he is probably their ā€˜bestā€™ right wide attacker.

Stones has one year left on his contract.
Mendy, GĆ¼ndogan, Sterling and Jesus also have 2 years left.

Mark my word, Sterling will see out his contract and then sign for a Club abroad on a free.

Bernardo Silva possibly?

4 years left on his contract so might be difficult to sell.

Players of those rich clubs are in general difficult to sell because of the huge money they get.

Thatā€™s just on feeā€™s as wellā€¦ Grealish on Ā£365k a weekā€¦

1 Like