Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Oh and from the Villa game:

:laughing: :rofl:

2 Likes

So City are going to coach ā€˜drawing foulsā€™ out of Grealishā€™s game, according to bluetwat, sorry, I mean blueparrot. Where then, did the coaching go wrong, with Sterling and Bernardo Silva?

2 Likes

Ah the effort he goes to with those socks.

What a bellend.

1 Like

I wonder if the mind of a professional footballer works the same as an everyday fan.

I mean to the point of Iā€™m looking at Grealish, getting paid 350+ per week, 100 million signing, seems a bit of a bellend with the socks and the Alice band in his hair, throw into the fact that he has a chequered past with the law and thinking Covid rules didnā€™t apply to him etc.

In my mind Iā€™d be crunching the cunt and leaving a bit on him every tackle I went in on him.

Thereā€™ll be people who say footballers are professional etc but I do wonder if there is an element of that with some players.

If so I tip my cap to them :rofl:

4 Likes

hahha yeah. And Pep mouths the weakest platitudes and really doesnā€™t sound keen to have met him. Bet they will have a **great ** working relationship. Apparently Pep mentioned that 3 or 4 players want to leave but it will depend on the club. I understand now why Pepā€™s teams are so fragile - a few results go against them and the place becomes toxically unhappy. I see City having a fairly poor season and perhaps even imploding if, when they go out of the CL, they are also off the pace in the league. Pep gone before the 2022 Slave Cup?

Pepā€™s said that Grealish cost Ā£40m, and the other Ā£60m has come from selling acadamy players and loaning others.

Then at the end of the presser, re. Messi, says ā€œwe spent Ā£40m on Grealishā€.

Canā€™t just decide to use net-spend pep to justify it. Plus what players make up this magical Ā£60m? Are they even real? Or are they made up too?

1 Like

Theyā€™ve sold Angelino ~16m, Jack Harrison ~12m and Lukas Nmecha ~6m while Aguero, Garcia, Bernabe, Moulden, Felix Nmecha, Grimshaw left on free transfers.

They have also brought in Scott Carson on a free, Kayky ~9m, Dario Sarmiento ~4m, Kluiverth Aguilar ~2m, Tomas Galves - Undisc, George Murray-Jones - Undisc.

Unless he is rolling the sales of previous years into this (they spent net total of 95m last season not including spend on five U18s - Juan Larios, Mikki van Sas, Romeo Lavia, Adedire Mebude and Josh Adam - which were all undisclosed) then I donā€™t know how he gets the figure of 60m raised from sales.

Basically heā€™s making up a number knowing that City fans will just roll with it.

One funny thing about City is that despite clearly being one of the clubs that blow up the market with massive spending every year, they always want to downplay how much they actually spend. My friend who supports City embodies this when in the group chat someone just said ā€œ100m for Grealish sounds a bit muchā€ and his response was ā€œItā€™s not 100m, itā€™s 75m + add onsā€. Itā€™s a weird mindset they all have over there.

8 Likes

Heā€™s rapidly becoming the Trump of football when talking about money.

2 Likes

Itā€™s so painful , them attempting to do vlogs like the epic ones we had for Allison etc

Everything about the club is plastic. Contrast the genuine feelings when Klopp interrupted Alli

8 Likes

I agree with everything you say,

but would like to add, that Trump, like Man City have no credibility among sane folk,

the longer it goes, the bigger the joke they become,

in the case of Man City, they can win all the trophies they like,
but they are a joke club, no sane folk respect them,
its all empty victories apart for Man City fans

2 Likes

Soā€¦ this is where heā€™ll fit in on tacticsā€¦ interesting concept from Pep. Innovative I must say.

2 Likes

So will blue loon be pep out or does charity shield not count as a real trophy?

3 Likes

Ake must be sold. How dare he rob Pep of a trophy.

2 Likes

After missing out on the Charity Shield,

Pep will be straight onto the board telling them they must sign Kane and Messi,
if they want a successful season

3 Likes

Yeah, he must point out the triple signings Leicester made.

1 Like

No, no, no: youā€™ve got it all wrong.

Guardiola is not a chequebook manager.

4 Likes

Hahahahah fucking brilliant.

Ex City player too.

Brilliant.

Fair play to Leicester too.

It took six posts in their autopsy threadā€¦

Buy. Harry. Fucking. Kane.

6 Likes

He actually isnā€™t. Itā€™s cash only and/or a convoluted system of wire transfers.

I need two more CBā€™s alongside Kane and Messi nowā€¦2 more , 2 more , 2 more

2 Likes