Manchester City* - cheating cunts

https://twitter.com/MiguelDelaney/status/1664297612600565763?s=20

3 Likes

Does anyone have a link to a single article that sums up how nasty this lot are?
I’m trying to persuade a naive mate who thinks they’re not so bad.
Cheers.

1 Like

Naive mate I assume is a Newcastle supporter?

1 Like

One argument that has been made is that, such is the complexity of a case like this, it requires more forensic financial expertise rather than the extent of legal advice the Premier League is understood to have leant on.

Sad Disappointment GIF by BBC America

Delaney is being fed that you have to remember that.

No, a Canadian

Definitely sounds like questionable methods

1 Like

This piece I think misses the point. The focus of these pieces tends to be on players and while there might be some benefit for the lower level clubs, the impact on a club like city is minimal. As pointed out here, NYC might even have been done dirty by it.

The purpose of this structure is far more focused on bolstering the corporate side. One of the things Soriano identified very early in his time at Barca, I think even before he joined them, was the lack of depth that existed in football clubs for executive and other non-playing roles. You lose a sporting director and there is no obvious candidate in the club to take over, forcing you into a risky external search. Corporate structures tend to have a better pipeline for developing talent, allowing for more seamless transitions, and that is what he set out to create at City. The idea is the future executives of City can learn the role in the relatively lower risk positions at the other clubs, meaning they have a much better bench to pick from when someone decides to leave City. This pieces marginally touches on that, but only as an aside

FWIW, Soriano wrote an interesting book about this idea I think sometime between leaving Barca and going to City.

1 Like

Mate you are wasted in Florida, you need to come back to Blighty and take over out DoF spot !

I’d sign Mac Alister and maybe one of Thuram or Kone.

Pay Me GIF

Buy all 3 and a CB you can go on holiday until 2025 :rofl:

2 Likes

We don’t call them cunts for no reason.

1 Like

Don’t you just want them to lose for no other reason than to make that prick visit Laserase?

4 Likes

Yeah, I actually really didn’t mind City at all before I saw that :roll_eyes::grimacing:

Why do people do this before a final, especially date it.

2 Likes

Hubris.

And stupidity.

Lots of stupidity.

1 Like

In the Cheaters case, and the calibre of fans thay have… To beat the rush :0)

Another nail in the “football’s gone to shit” coffin.

I like that he has left just enough space under the 2023 bit for the word “tainted” to be tattooed :wink:

Just send your mate a pic of the tatt a few posts up.

Case closed.