Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

The Manchester News article is quite funny.
They have no idea.

:joy: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

UEFA obviously gave a banā€¦ but their sanction lacked the teeth to be implemented/enforced.

Man City lawyered up, and possibly paid up behind the scenes, and got the result they wanted with CAS by dragging their heels and not complying with UEFA.

To my mind both UEFA and CAS are lacking.

FFP hasnā€™t collapsed, as suchā€¦ but I see the recent saga with Man City as evidence that itā€™s not working. If thatā€™s a one-off breach, aided by CAS, itā€™s already one too many, as Man City are firmly ensconced at the top table via foul means.

If it happens again, either with Man City or another team, would it then be right to say, ā€œIf this happens again the other clubs might circle the wagonsā€¦ UEFA has to get it right next time?ā€

My view is that the time for the other clubs to circle the wagons just came and went. In addition, the time for the governing authorities to stand up and be countedā€¦ just came and went.

I hope Iā€™m wrong.

2 Likes

Very bitter indeed.
MEN reporter (obviously a city fan) only mentioned that LFC had spent Ā£200m+ in 2018 but failed to mention that that was also the year that we sold Phil for Ā£140+ so he purposely forgot to mention net spend.
However, when he brings up this transfer window, he conveniently mentions they brought in 2 players (Ferran and Ake) but then does mention net spend as they sold Sane for Ā£55. Take those shitty glasses off when making a point as a neutral reporter.

I look forward to bringing you the Best of the Loon for the next eight months.

Long may the degenerates reign.

6 Likes

Canā€™t wait for this to get started. Has to be our usual starting 11 with maybe Keita in for Hendo. I havent had chance to look at the injuries yet so im hoping nobody else is out. Iā€™d be very tempted to put Curtis on the bench for this one too, looked ready in preseason.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s Stu Brennan - deluded as you like.

He got plenty of stick from Andy Hearon (TAW) on twitter and had a good cry.

A city fan, albeit since 1967, using a Monte Carlo simulation to predict the premier league positions:

2 Likes

Iā€™m just happy that i created a thread ā€¦ Wait , actually am notā€¦ But still fuck thatā€¦

1 Like

Liverpool likely to come out on top - - 30.1% but manC also likely to be on top - - 27.2%. I missed a lot of maths classes so canā€™t comment authoritatively on this one. In my world though, 27.2% is second behind 30.1%. Maybe I should read the full article when sober

6 Likes

I always love it when everyone underestimate us every year it motivates us to prove wrong every year

10 Likes

Oddest thing about that MEN piece is that Man Utd fans probably would agree with Klopp.

3 Likes
11 Likes

What a day.

9 Likes

You should never take pleasure in an opposition player getting injuredā€¦

You also shouldnā€™t piss in the bath but thatā€™s never stopped me.

Unlucky Baldy.

13 Likes

Oh what a shameā€¦

I watched parts of Pepā€™s press conference earlier today,talking about Messi and Aguero,plus saying he loved Barca (which i think would go down really well with the city fans),he didnā€™t look very positive about the new season,infact it looked like someone had forced him to eat a shit sandwich.

Thats 2 world class forwards he canā€™t count on for the start of the season,thats how many times youā€™ve been fucked over Pep?

6 Likes

How about managers?
I would take pleasure should Baldy Fraudy injure his first 2 digitsā€¦twiiiiccee. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

That gif will never grow old.

Got to laugh how we seem to wreak havoc in other managers minds. Weā€™ve been doing it for decades and weā€™re still at it, better thsn ever

1 Like