Manchester City* - vile, cheating oxygen thieves

Nay problem no idea why it came up in German

With City’s hearing starting yesterday I thought this paragraph from Barny Ronay is about the best summation of the situation the likes of City and PSG have created

Then again, perhaps the most nauseating part is the free market libertarian nonsense, the “commercial freedom” stuff often parroted around this issue by people who don’t understand what a free market is. This relates to the absurd suggestion that allowing a propaganda entity to spend whatever it wants for non-commercial reasons is somehow “allowing the market to function”.
In reality it is the opposite, a distortion of the market via state subsidies and PR aims that have nothing to do with value or competition, that lead us into such appalling non-market outcomes as Neymar being sold for €220m. The ghost of Milton Friedman says: this is not capitalism. It’s closer to the command economy.

23 Likes

https://x.com/TripleH/status/1806364568156868947

Man City Fake đŸ«±đŸŒâ€đŸ«ČđŸŸ Wrestling Fake

https://shop.wwe.com/en/c-15046?ab={wt-static_graphic}{pt-HP}{al-ASpot}{ct-ManCity}{Shop_Now}

7 Likes

They’re perfect for each other.

2 Likes

I bet when given that print copy, Triple H looked at it and though “I’ve been asked to sell some absurd shit in my time, but even a top performer like me is going to look absurd trying to pretend I think City have a passionate fanbase.”

3 Likes

Next phase of operation sports wash. Go after those who like “sporting” soap operas.

If you chase fans of a rigged sport, they won’t be bothered about you rigging the sport

3 Likes

i never found out, what happened to that court case a few weeks ago
i just started watching the euros and forgot all about it.

2 Likes

Wasn’t the case scheduled for a two week hearing ? It should be done and dusted by now.

2 Likes

IMG_8342

3 Likes

City remind me of Trump nowadays - so many lawsuits, so much arguing to avoid the plain truth that everyone sees.

I haven’t thought about them for a while, but wasn’t there an important case that should have been resolved by now? Not the 115 charges, but something else? I thought we were supposed to hear about it.

Is this statement by City an indication that they didn’t get the verdict they wanted? They want to be unhindered in artificially inflating income streams through bogus sponsorship deals, and now they are complaining over a tangential point within that overall case?

One for the lawyers, to keep it dragging on. They are a joke.

2 Likes

The complaint they raised about the rules (that they definitely haven’t broken honest!) are unfair and shouldn’t be enforced? Not sure where that got to. They had a very, very expensive legal team assembled for it.

2 Likes

No, the case about their 115 charges. I made a post 27 days ago saying that had started the day before. We were told that it would take 2 weeks to complete. I have no idea how this sort of case works - how much room there is to extend the case beyond projected, what happens once its over before a decision is announced - but we are now in the sitting and waiting phase.

4 Likes

and like Trump, they will probably get away :expressionless:

Another dodgy deal for City, via the City Group clubs.

1 Like

It sparked big protests at Troyes because he has never played a game for them, with City’s interests seemingly put ahead of theirs in how he was handled. His first year he was sent to Holland to play for PSV reserves because they didn’t think he was ready for Ligue Un, but he progressed quickly enough to spend the second half of the season with the PSV first team. Troyes got relegated that season and CFG decided he was now too good for the French second division so he was sent to sister CFG side Girona. Troyes fans thought if he was good enough to play in La Liga then he should be sold to raise money for their promotion push, but City didn’t want him to exit the CFG so did a deal that didn’t benefit Troyes who then got relegated again.

8 Likes

It will happen again and again unless rules are made and enforced to prevent this type of player ‘farming’.

You’ll always get players willing to give it a go despite the risk - no guarantees of ending up at Citeh.

It’s not going to stop though - City and Girona both in CL next year, Red Bull clubs, and Nice/Man U links also look to be cleared.

FSG are looking into adding a club (or clubs) to their portfolio to do the same.

No one has yet been successful at player farming. Savio is really the first example of City benefiting from their sisters clubs through player development (maybe you can argue Lampard, although through a completely different process). For city the advantage of a family of clubs are more on the operational side than creating a pipeline to develop players for them

1 Like
4 Likes