Michael Edwards

Gutted about this.

1 Like

It was always going to be difficult to replace one or either, but thatā€™s the game. You canā€™t hide from it or stop time. Itā€™s what makes it so depressing that there is such an inability by so many here and online in other places to actually enjoy this period and appreciate how good weā€™ve had it recently.

11 Likes

Maybe thatā€™s why Edwards may bow out first? The new guy gets a couple of years tutelage with Klopp?

1 Like

Remember when the sky was going to fall in because Buvac left without warning. Turns out that preceded the most successful period of Kloppā€™s tenure here.

If Edwards goes, there will be a plan for how to replace him. The owners know the value this position can deliver, theyā€™re not going to be making some panicked appointment.

15 Likes

:rofl: Good one mate

Yeah, and that makes me wonder if all top executives are contracted?

:rofl: Geez, you are a riot.

A very good point. And he is pretty young for this level too.

The doom & gloom in this thread is off the chart people. Itā€™s not like @GermanRed has opened a match thread.

4 Likes

Only at Liverpool FC would the supporters be gutted by losing the sporting director lol

2 Likes

Most of them are on fixed term contracts. Same with the heads of recruitment. In Edwardsā€™ case though heā€™s been here for more than four years so itā€™s basically a permanent contract in that notice will still need to be given by either side, which I would imagine would be at least twelve monthsā€™.

If he really is going to leave next year, it would be around now that thereā€™d be the first formal indication of it (rather than just the matter of any fixed term expiring).

1 Like

I think it was Dan Kennett on twitter who said Utd brought in 3 people this summer to do the job that Edwards does for usā€¦makes you think how much work he must be doing at the club.

I donā€™t think Kennet has that right. Edwards oversees a lot of different aspects but heā€™s not doing three peopleā€™s jobs. Thereā€™s no doubt heā€™s very very good though.

1 Like

This from Pearce in December. Edwards being committed to ā€˜more chaptersā€™ in the Klopp plan.

:fu:t4:

:shushing_face:

Iā€™ve won us the CL and the League.

6 Likes

I heard this is just a strategic maneuver for Edwards to force himself to offer a salary to himself on par with Salahā€™s.

1 Like

Iā€™ll wait to hear it from the club to be honest that articles got more get outs than the Tevez Westham contract.

1 Like

he heā€¦

imagine the guy on the other end of that table during neg.

lol.

He is simultaneously asking himself for a payrise and negotiating himself down to work for free.

1 Like

What you did not know is that he is trying to push down the 50mil fee for his own agent, who happens to be himself by increasing the re-signing on fee to 30mil.

yea the reason why its taking so long is because they are waiting for each other to call each otherā€™s bluff, and none is moving first.

Damn, beat me to it.

I heard the reason for the delay is every time they try to call each other the other sides phone is engaged

2 Likes

Donā€™t know much about Julian, however Kopstarā€™s comments have given me chills.
Emotion Reaction GIF

1 Like