OoooOoo /Shudder VAR Thread

You are both damned colonials quite right ; my mistake. :cry:

But I still don’t think it was a foul. :rage:

5 Likes

Was livid at VAR in the Everton game but frankly, we were not and will not be the only victim of incompetent VAR or officiating. So we will play within these incompetencies and still fucking win these shite

1 Like

I’m not convinced it was a foul, but was pointing out that due to the strikers foot being on the line it was given as a penalty not a free kick.

No probs. I was too busy ball watching to notice the attacking player’s right foot was on the line - just. :astonished:

1 Like

The new star of the Premier League, hogging the headlines now every week.

2 Likes

VAR is really messing things up. I wonder if it’s same in other leagues as well.

Has the overall situation improved with VAR???

Imo it’s has regressed from last year, however still light years ahead from the ridiculous decisions pre var.

1 Like

Yep through some stupid idea of adding clarity to offside and hand ball.

The idea is sound, the process is as screwed up as you could make it.

I see there was another stupid offside call yesterday.

2 Likes

They should have the players and managers vote on whether they should keep VAR or bin it,then it will lose the vote and rightly shall be fucked off.

2 Likes

Not until the entire league has played a weekend of fixtures at VAR speed, then fck it off.

1 Like

serious question: how do other countries use VAR? Do they use these VAR lines by the millimeter and armpit???

1 Like

The Dutch use a different system, which allows for a margin of error.

Basically if its a close call (within 10cm) , the decision lies with the lineman.

3 Likes

lineman? you mean with the var ref?

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

Not surprising at all when you consider cheats like Atkinson and Coote are given the opportunity to exercise their agenda during our matches.
Last season was no different. Origi foul at OT, Bobby’s disallowed goals at Villa and at home to Man U, clear penalty at home to Burnley etc. They’ve stepped it up this season though and don’t appear to be concerned their cheating and deceit is in clear view.
I still defy anybody to find an instance where VAR has been used in our favour where people would be justified in asking “how the fuck is that right?”. Every VAR decision/overturn that is in any way contentious has gone against us both this season and last.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Too true… Things have deteriorated since then eh…
They Don’t even know the rules these days…
Thinks Coote and Pickford recently… Jon Moss asking for advice for Spurs 1st Penalty at Anfield

What a gem of a quote Shanks would have come up with after these two games alone eh!
He was so spot-on with most of what he said…

4 Likes

Read an interesting report yesterday that trials are underway with tech that would automate the offside portion of this. It would give a read out to the ref similar to the goaline tech and all the ref would then have to do is decide whether the player flagged was interfering, and would be able to use the pitchside monitor to verify that.

No thought on whether this will adapting the interpretation of the rule to eliminate ridiculous cases like Mane against Everton, but the idea would be to eliminate the long wait over adjudications.

2 Likes