Premier League 2020/21 (Part 2)

I’m pretty sure this is his third breach now, though they’ve done little or nothing before that, FA should have been handing out bans early days

4 Likes

Bit of a liability… I think

Just came in to talk about this. I feel for Brendan in this situation bc he’s in a no win situation. Clearly this wasn’t a small thing or a one-off, or I don’t think think BR would have left those players out of the side today. If it were a minor transgression they deal with it behind closed doors and move ahead. It’s unprofessional, unacceptable behavior if there are specific rules in place. The fact these boys are in a legitimate race for Top 4 makes it even more shit and difficult to accept.

I very much understand the concept of “boys will be boys” but James Maddison is the poster boy for the modern athlete. He’s a spoiled brat that just doesn’t care about anyone but himself.

2 Likes

Maddison and Choudhury have always come across as massive gobshites. Maddison is incredibly arrogant and there’s countless anecdotes on the internet that affirm that and Choudhury has a history of racism, sexism, distasteful comments about mental health as well as purposefully trying to injure opponents.

If it was going to be any players from Leicester you’d pick those two. I cringe any time I see our fans wanting to sign Maddison.

10 Likes

Yep. Same with Grealish. No different to what Dele Alli was/is.

1 Like

Rarely spotted Brewster

Saka has just gone down over nothing, bad news for Arsenal.

1 Like

Also less ice sank the titanic than has gone on Saka’s leg.

2-0 ah well looks like Sheffield United might be down next week.

1 Like

538’s Premier League Prediction table currently has us a 58% (up from 52% last week) chance of getting Champion’s league football next season. I have trouble believing that though. If we win our next 2 games (Leeds, Newcastle) I might start to feel some confidence return but Utd, Southampton, West Brom and Burnley are still to come towards the end of the run in and are very difficult games for us to win, and I wouldn’t have thought we can afford to drop points in more than 1 or 2 games. I would guess we need at least 15 pts from the remaining games to be in with a shout.

Leicester have Spurs, Chelsea and United in their final 3 games. This might put them under pressure for their games against West Brom and Newcastle given they are only 1 pt ahead of 4th but it still isn’t hard to see them finish on 68 pts.

If Chelsea only pick up 12 pts from their 7 remaining games (they have City, West Ham, Arsenal and Leicester) that still puts them on 66 pts, and the WH, Arsenal and Leicester games are winnable from their perspective so hitting 70 pts isn’t out of the question for them.

West Ham’s run in doesn’t look that bad either, it’s hard to tell how they will handle the pressure.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Classic Jose, just needs something like this to create a diversion from his team’s performance. Also can’t wait for Ole to begin his losing streak and his smug face going into hiding again.

2 Likes

Agree with that.
I think we have to get 3 points in every game now.
Leeds on Monday is no easy game. They’ve just beaten city with 10 men.

3 Likes

Can this season get any worse? Yes!!!

If we drop points in of the next two games and then we have to go to Old Toilett. We drop points there and it will clearly be over for us. They will celebrate as if they did cost us the CL.

We win the next two and a draw would be a very good result for us against United.

1 Like

As it stands now, two Manchester teams + Leicester and WH, if it stays that way I have something else to do on CL nights next season.

The flip side for Leeds is that’s a lot of energy and planning to get those three points.

We are a free hit for them on one hand, nothing to lose because at best they might have wished for two points out of these two games, they already have three. That might work for us on a few levels.

Might be too much for them to do it all over again…

2 Likes

Leeds won’t change the way they do things. They play the same way in every game. It’ll be a highly organised Leeds, that work hard off the ball, and when they get the ball they look to move it forward with pace.

There will be chances galore in this game, and probably goals for both teams. Just need to outscore them.

4 Likes

Exactly. Just like the 4-3 at the start of the season.

1 Like

I think it is the third breach for all the same three players?

1 Like

Fuck Maddison… hope that has cost him his place at the euros the fucking moron.

The fucking nerve in these pricks to think they can do that and not get caught. Fair play to Rodgers for dropping them - it cost Leicester in the end but fair play for doing the right thing.

Also confiscating people’s phones from them at the door so they couldn’t take photos. Sneaky fuckers. Did I also hear when that party stopped they went on to another one?

Fucking morons

2 Likes

I’d be fucking Livid if 3 of our players did this in the week building up to a 6 pointer like this.

Disgusting

2 Likes

They are outdoing themselves now, aren’t they?

4 Likes