Premier League 2020/21 (Part 2)

Incorrect. We wouldn’t miss out, cause Arsenal can’t win the EL.

7 Likes

1997, Anfield, Semi final, 2nd leg, Cup Winner’s Cup

After a disastrous first leg (David James had a mare) we were three down against PSG.

Under the Anfield lights, a God quick first time shot special, and a bullet header by Mark Wright gets us two back. Injury time, everyone forward, David James jumps high for the corner and gets a good connection with his head…but unfortunately it wasn’t to be and ended up in the Kop.

Why I’m I saying this?

I think it was in this game I seem to recall there was an unintentional back pass which ended up like a shot on goal. David James made a full stretch HEADED save (even though by rights, as it was a miskick, he could actually have handled it).

Is my memory playing tricks?

We have discussed the ins and outs of how qualification works for years yet still… Now I know how @Kopstar feels everytime a transfer window comes about.

10 Likes

I feel like pinning it to the top of every board.

4 Likes

Or have @Kopstar on speed dial :blush:

2 Likes

You beat me to it. I also want so much the fallacy that the potential of having five English clubs in the UCL means fifth place teams can get in to be true, I have to check it every season…:smirk:

Believers are noisier than doubters
Haters are noisier than supporters
We’re a bunch of quietly doubtful supporters, I guess.

Worth pointing out in addition that it isn’t the fifth placed team getting in, it’s the winner of the CL if they finish outside the league qualifying places (top four), regardless of where they finish.

Top four will always qualify for the CL except in the unique scenario of both the EL and CL winners coming from the PL and both of them finishing outside of the top four positions in the league. Currently, in that scenario alone fourth place drops into the EL.

As others have pointed out that scenario can no longer play out following Arsenal’s elimination from the EL.

I don’t really care who misses out on the CL next season providing it’s one of Leicester or Chelsea!

8 Likes

Premier League signs £5 billion TV deal for three years.

3 Likes

Just go for a 24 hr ban - that’ll learn em

3 Likes

You didn’t have to do that for my sake, but thanks. Yes, it’s true that only the top three have absolute ironclad (under any circumstance) qualification. I just wonder though whether it would ever come to a fourth place failing to grant qualification to a Manchester club??

2 Likes

Crystal Palace’s money problems are solved ! Get Fed Ex ready!!

3 Likes

Villa - Everton ends 0-0.

2 Likes

Utd 2-4 Liverpool :clap:.

3 Likes

Our ex keeper Scott Carson starting for Man City tonight :flushed:

I didn’t even know he was there…

4 Likes

Newcastle leading 1-0

2-1 to shitty.

2-2 JoeLinton Penalty.

1 Like

Newcastle 3-2. :grinning:
Now 3-3.

1 Like

Joe Willock has 5 goals in his last 215 minutes. Scoring against Tottenham, West Ham, Liverpool, Leicester and Man City.

2 Likes