Premier League 2021/22 (Part 1)

Jammy? No, this is down to the ref. It can’t even be seen as a genuine mistake when he had a look at the monitors, let City get away with fouls that Arsenal would never have gotten away with and even though Arsenal are now on the attack i cant get excited about it as i know even if they score something will rule it out

2 Likes

That’s the hope I’m clinging to. Maybe at some point they get a referee who doesn’t gift them games.

1 Like

Do you also believe in Santa Claus?

5 Likes

Two games in a row where city look really poor and end up with 6 points.

Same as the Wolves game, the ref hands it to Shitty.

In injury time, ref makes a big deal of giving B Silva an obvious yellow when it doesn’t matter any more in order to not look bent/out of his depth (delete depending on your view).

T Partey MotM. Finally playing up to his potential.

As the gooners were singing the end, “the referee is a wanker”.

2 Likes

I still do. I mean, he exists, doesn’t he? :pray: :santa:

I just saw the Ederson incident. If that was Alisson who did that I’m 100% it’s a penalty.

4 Likes

The following peice of play sums up B Silva’s whining character - coming towards the end of the game, ball gets headed back to Ramsdale. B Silva runs up to the keeper, who does the old will pick ball up before he arrives trick.

Only for Bilva to turn around to berate to the ref that Ramsdale is time wasting … when the keeper hasn’t even picked up the ball yet.

1 Like

If I were a manager, I’d give big fines for yellow cards for dissent. That’s the key moment for me. Gabriel does his side in arguing with the ref. No reason for that.

The problem with that is that it’s entirely arbitrary and dependent on the referee. Wasn’t it against Spurs that they were whining at the referee non-stop for the whole match, while Keïta said just one thing and got carded?

2 Likes

Completely agree. I’d tell my players: don’t get in the ref’s face. Leave it to the captain and to the manager. Further edit: Getting a yellow for dissent is a wasted yellow. Accomplishes nothing, whereas a professional yellow is part of the game.

Well, there is a reason why Man Citeh never won a champions league title. We have done it, chelsea have done it but Man Citeh never done it much less gone to the finals. Even PSG has gone to the final.

It is simple. Referees in Europe bar for English Referees all have a standard to maintain. They know what Pep is up to. They know Pep’s MO of getting a sneaky hatchet man. If it is a foul, they call it.

But no, English refs are either inept or blind to know pep’s MO. Those non-english refs see VAR as a tool to help them and not a tool to twist the event to their narrative.

It is not helped by the PGMOL and those ex-referees being such nannies to those inept referees. Increase the pay of the referees per match as according to the tiers of football in the UK but hold them to a higher standard of refereeing. If teams can get relegated to the championship, the PGMOL should also have such a league of referees to determine who goes down and who goes up. By not doing anything, there is no accountability. This is also why English refs nowadays are not trusted with key matches.

4 Likes

We and other honest clubs should prioritize cups and f*ck the PL …::when it matters play our kids and rest our best for CL and give Cheaty what they deserve there
That’s the one trophy they’ve not managed to buy

Plus we got a yellow for “time wasting” when down to 10 men and the throw-in wasn’t even taking long. The piss take form the ref was that just before that yellow at the throw-in, the Spurs player at the previous throw-in to us…had kicked the ball away. Crazy.

1 Like

Guess who’s the VAR for our match tomorrow…?

On a completely separate note, Gabriel getting sent off today means he’ll be unavailable in his next game… Which somehow benefits us surprisingly.

1 Like

Peter Walton sweating here on BT Sport talking shite as usual to make sure his pals are protected.

3 Likes

The fans of every premier team need to pick a specific week… and stay away from the match objecting at the absolute shite levels of the referees…
Something has to be done…
When a company fails to succeed… you don’t get rid of the production line equipment, you bomb out the shite management… Mike Riley needs to go for the good of the game.!

2 Likes

It’s a bit late now, the damage is done to the season

I think you can strike this up as another bad call that comes from what clear and obvious actually means - do the pictures objectively show something different than the ref described he saw? In this case, I would bet money the discrepancy was for the “shirt pull”. The ref will have said the contact was incidental and Silva threw himself tot he ground looking for a pen. VAR cannot intervene in that, but it can say "but did you see that Xhaka did have a handful of shirt? If the ref says no that gives reason to go to the monitor, and it will ALWAYS look more of a pen in a contextless slo mo.

Essentially, VAR is not used to correct a decision. It is used to correct information the ref used in making the decisions. It cannot be used to say “I don’t think you should marry that woman, she’s awful.” It can however, be used to say “You should rethink your decision to marry that woman because she’s fucking your brother.”

It is not a penalty in a million years. And if we were using VAR the way most people still people think we are, where it is based on a the magnitude of the subjectively wrongness of the decisions, then it wouldn’t have intervened here. Yet it is one that is given because of VAR.

3 Likes