Premier League 2021/22 (Part 1)

Am i the only one who feels that the penalty given to city was harsh AF ?

Didn’t seem to be any intent from the player , high chances were that the ball would have struck the head and done the same thing.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Two things about last night…

I hadn’t realised Cancelo got megged for Spurs’ first…HAHAAJAHAHAAHAHAHAHA…cop it fuckstick!!

How does Lloris make that blunder and then produce that save later in the match?!?!

3 Likes

It’s just that his arm was up like he was answering a question in class…don’t think you can argue with the decision.

2 Likes

City put their hands up for everything seems some teams do, noticed it with Arsenal as well.

1 Like

I noted that as well last night…shits me no end.

Will keep an eye out for our lads doing it, actually.

1 Like

You’d expect him to keep his hand down knowing that the instinct is to protect his face from a point blank shot ?

I agree with you about intent btw, @Sithbare…but just can’t see how you can ignore that one.

To me his arm looked higher than that, as in, if his arm had been down the ball would have gone past him.

Guy sliding in probably has no control of where he can keep his arm. I can see why the referee is obliged to give a penalty though but it’s still a very harsh decision.

3 Likes

He moved his hand towards the ball. One of the clearest pens you’ll ever see…

1 Like

Speaking of penalties, had Kulesevski not scored then it would have been a penalty and a red card for Ederson. He slid in and wiped out Son (in fact he leapt into the tackle airborne which made it dangerous). But who knows if the bent ref would have given it.

2 Likes

Bluemoon are largely in agreement with you about him being bent by the way… :wink:

1 Like

They are at Qanon levels of delusion now. They get every advantage possible and they still get beaten and then they complain about the ref.

4 Likes

With the forward line talent that Watford possess there is no way they should be in the relegation zone. I think with Incle Woy they actually might have a good chance of staying up. They should have gone for him directly after the Spanish bloke instead of Ranieri

1 Like

The idea that the title race was over with City ahead of us by 12 with 18 matches to play and us with two matches in hand was a ridiculous proposition in the first place. Twice in the past two decades, a side eight points behind with five matches to play have won the title.

6 Likes

Agreed. However all we heard was ‘City running away’, ‘12 points ahead’, ‘title race is over’ blah fucking blah and even if we win in mid week to close the gap to three points when they thrash the Ev it will be ‘unstoppable City, best team ever, 6 points’ blah fucking blah.

5 Likes

City, despite all their possession, didn’t create much. Lloris had to make one good save, but their goals were off a Lloris mistake and a penalty. Spurs looked far more dangerous.

2 Likes

Glendinning, who I actually quite like, was just talking about this on the wireless.

His argument was that it is a symptom of the age we live in. The short-sightedness of all facets of society is getting worse and worse. We demand everything done yesterday.

When it comes to punditry, I completely agree. They honestly seem to be unable to think about tomorrow, let alone the months ahead.

To be fair, I heard quite a few saying we were certainties around Christmas 2020. They know noone will ever pull them up on it, so little wonder they really don’t give a shit.

Everyone just wants to be right, so they’re more than happy to name three or four winners in a season, depending on the lay of the land at the time.

4 Likes

:rofl:

C’mon Leeds. It has already been a great weekend…make it fucking brilliant.

2 Likes