Premier League 2021/22 (Part 1)

Yeah I get that but they’ve only had the privilege of coming up to the Prem once in recent times…This is like Norwich’s 4th time and every time they go straight back down.

Losing 4-0 at home to fellow relegation fodder ffs.

I would agree if it was a level playing field…I think a club like Norwich …and Burnley…do remarkably well with much more limited resources…

1 Like

Ingsy and Phil have both been sub’ed off at different time. Seems like Stevie G knows how to get the most out of Phil, he had a pretty good game today.

3 Likes

I am pulling for Jesse Marsch to succeed, even with the little regard I have for Leeds.

Rodrigo is a maddening player. Obviously talented, but my perception he’s incredibly selfish with a questionable attitude. Strikes me as the type that’s a nightmare to manage.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Southampton is a weird team.

2 Likes

Just watching MOTD and drooling over Coutinho’s play. He looks back at his best. Baffling.

3 Likes

Not necessarily. Likely PL and club marketing deals with commercial partners in the region are heavily linked to PL matches being broadcast in the region. That’s what they’re seeking association with, the profile of the PL regarding their domestic market. That takes a significant hit if the games aren’t being broadcast.

1 Like

Hoping we can win the next three league games (Brighton, Arsenal, Watford) and then a draw at the Emptyhad wouldn’t be a bad result.

In the meantime maybe they will drop points again. ManU is a Derby and they have always been the countries ‘darling’ - anything can happen. Palace away can be tricky and at least Burnley will kick the shit out of them.

1 Like

I’ll admit to becoming a bit of a Villa fan,

1 Like

Not sure if I want an Arsenal win so they keep out Utd from getting 4th or Watford win to nerve some more of the Everton fans looking over their shoulders…

Give em a point each…

Dennis goal inside 30 secs but clearly offside.

If (when) Watford go down, him for 10-15m would be good business?

1 Like

Hate Arsenal nowadays.

If we consider Aston Villa an ‘ally’ because of Gerrard and Phil I also consider consider Arsenal an Man City ally because of Arteta.

1 Like

Thing is this will not be permanent and they’ve removed it, the PL hasn’t removed itself. I don’t think being off for a few weeks is going damage it’s profile and in this case the PL probably think it’s worth it to not look awful.

Would take years for it to have an issue and there is no competitive league they can show instead, both La Liga and Serie A carry similar messaging as for their own league it’s offseason and a bit fucked.

Interesting to think is what about the rights in Russia?

Odegaard 1-0

That’s a nice move, Watford are trash.

Great response from Watford.

Fantastic goal by Hernandez, never get tired of seeing an overhead kick like that…Can’s was 100x times better but still :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Weirdly the same ground, though I assume that’s why you mentioned it.