Premier League 2021/22 (Part 1)

1-0, he’ll be unbearable now.

The handbags are out.

Surrounding the ref is very common these days.

That wasn’t as bad as it looked. Complete overreaction from the Arsenal players.

So are sliding tackles not allowed now? :thinking:

1 Like

Not according to Arsenal.

Just realised Coutinho was playing. :grin:

He’s having very little impact on the game.

Villa have no control with Ramsay, Coutinho and Buendia in that midfield. One of those needs to come off.

1 Like

Why is that not a penalty for holding by Partey? I don’t understand why referees are reluctant to give those.

Xhaka you plonker.

That’s not a foul for me, made contact with the ball first.

The likes of Tommy Smith and Norman Hunter would not have been able to play at this level now. Every physical contact in some games seems to be a foul. The play acting and constant appealing doesn’t help.

1 Like

Bloody turf magnets in yellow.

2 Likes

Gerrard and Rick Wakeman need to give Villa the hairdryer treatment during half time.

1 Like

Exactly right, the way players react to a challenge these days, wins them the foul. It’s so blatantly obvious as well, when a player is overreacting and feigning injury and yet referees fall for it all the time.

Not really impressed by Stevie’s team selection and tactics. It seems like he’s taking on not only Rodger’s sartorial style but also his playing style too. Paying far too much respect to what he seems to perceive to be a superior team. He should be taking more from Jurgen’s approach and attack the bastards no matter who they are.

2 Likes

Watkins has been isolated all game, Ings needs to come on soon.

1 Like

The Derby v Coventry game is better than this.

1 Like

No improvement from Villa, very poor. I’m falling asleep.