Premier League 2021/22 (Part 1)

Don’t mind that change though I think it should have been even more simplified.

1 Like

Ah, that was one of my main issues with VAR. That and the new hands rule (that doesn’t really have anything to do with VAR, just that I dislike the rule). This is very good news.

1 Like

I don’t really see how it’s going to change anything.

1 Like

How about if you have to draw lines to determine, he’s onside. If you can tell he’s offside without drawing lines, he’s off. Level used to go to the attacker. Having sleeve or knee past last defender not really in spirit of game in my opinion.

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve said if you can’t tell with the naked eye on replay you stick with the on field decision.

4 Likes

With this ‘Star Trek’ VAR technology, it has made the referee and the person running the line, very insecure of calling any sort of decision like they used to do with some confidence in the past.
The referee is never far enough up with play to look along a line for the off-side call, and the person running the line who should be in-line with the last man, can never be exactly sure when the ball leaves the foot of the player who makes the forward pass, because they could be hitting the ball from 50-60metres away…!
VAR has allowed the officials to hide behind a technology that has proven time and again, that it is not fit for purpose…!

1 Like

I’ll miss Hodgson’s gwumpyness.

2 Likes

Vieira to be the new Crystal Place manager is the latest.

1 Like

Premier League club summer fixtures

Arsenal

13 July v Hibernian
17 July v Rangers
25 July v Inter Milan, Orlando
28 July v Everton or Millonarios (COL), Orlando
1 Aug v Chelsea
8 Aug v Spurs

Chelsea

1 Aug v Arsenal
4 Aug v Spurs

Everton

25 July v Millonarios (COL), Orlando
28 July v Arsenal or Inter Milan, Orlando
7 Aug v Man Utd

Leicester City

24 July v Burton Albion
28 July v Wycombe Wanderers
31 July v QPR

Manchester United

18 July v Derby
24 July v QPR
28 July v Brentford
7 August v Everton

Tottenham Hotspur

17 July v Leyton Orient
28 July v MK Dons
4 Aug v Chelsea
8 Aug v Arsenal

Dallas signs a new deal with Leeds until 2024.

1 Like

‘Tenacious’ Amanda Staveley still wants to buy Newcastle and wants to know why the PL still hasn’t made a decision.

1 Like

The most glorified friendly is a stalemate at HT :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’d forgotten it was on.

Shows how much attention I pay to English matches these days, unless we’re playing.

3 Likes

BBC are doing their usual table predictor. Here’s mine

Link here

Thread

Interesting how many of those marginal call involved us.

1 Like

International window extended

Simon Stone

BBC Sport

World governing body FIFA has extended the international window by two days in September and October in South America, which could deny Premier League clubs some of their star men.

South America’s World Cup qualifying programme is still trying to catch up on the matches postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

An international window has already been slotted in for January in every Confederation apart from Europe, which prompted the Premier League to leave a weekend free in their fixture schedule, which acts as a winter break.

However, triple headers have also been scheduled in South America for the first two international windows.

Although FIFA rejected a South American federation (CONMEBOL) request for three additional days in their international calendar, it has agreed to two.

It means that matches can now be played on Thursday 9 September and Thursday 14 October.

Amongst the games scheduled for 9 September are Brazil v Peru and Argentina v Bolivia.

Due to the time difference, anyone involved in those games may not return to their domestic clubs until the Saturday, 11 September, when eight of the 10 Premier League matches are due to be played.

Thankfully those 8 games don’t include us

And at FT a satisfactory result, I suppose.
Makes you realise what we could have won by now if Brenda had stayed at the club…