Premier League 2024/25

As if a Utd fan would need to worry about that, their seasons are usually over before it’s even begun.

Nah, their season ends at the end of this month, when they find out if the won the transfer window or not :joy:

1 Like

Which according to Reni is ONE week after the Prem actually starts.

1 Like

I see the Grauniad have predicted Arsenal to win the league this year.

Not sure if they understand how modern football works…

1 Like

“record breaking”…for them.

https://x.com/Blue_Footy/status/1820144444731003002

3 Likes

It’s not that outrageous. They’ve built a very strong first eleven and have had a settled side for a while. We are in transition, with a new coach and a couple of stalwarts approaching the end of their careers, Chelsea are a mad house, Man U still have a lot of problems and Man C showed signs of fatigue last season.
Tipping Arsenal doesn’t indicate a misunderstanding of football at all.

2 Likes

I think he may be referring to referees and how City continually get the favourable calls rather than a lack of ability on Arsenal’s behalf.

2 Likes

Correctamundo.

1 Like

Also should note that their actual lack of ability means they have not been able to amass 99 or 97 points in the league and not win the title. Boohoo to them.

I’m not sure if they will win it to be honest.

None of us are sure, it’s all conjecture. A ball hasn’t been kicked yet, but Arsenal are a team on the up and are, at least, second favourites whether we like it or not.
I’m not in the camp that thinks that the whole thing is fixed from the start, although certain teams are favoured by officials. I don’t know what the point of watching would be if I was.
I hope we have a fantastic season and finish as high up the league as possible, winning it in the first season of a new coach is extremely unlikely though, whatever we want to believe.

Of course all those things are important, but they are important in the context of the contest.
You can appreciate a pretty passing move or a spectacular goal in a friendly, but it doesn’t have the excitement of the same thing in a crucial competitive match.
Without the tension of competition it is just the Harlem Globetrotters.

2 Likes

Just something that doesn’t sit with me with them.

Always the bridesmaid never the bride.

Well, sooner or later all of those patterns break. We were History FC who hadn’t won the league for decades until Jürgen came along. Man U seemed invincible in the Ferguson era. Arsenal are a major club in English football and have every right to compete at the highest level.
I really hope we finish above them and this whole discussion is irrelevant, but they are a good team.

2 Likes

It’s not history or patterns.

I just don’t see how they can get better so it’s reliant on others having a poorer season.

Also it would be unique if they had such a good season again with injuries.

Sorry, I misunderstood your bridesmaids comment. I took it to mean that they were historically unable to get to the top.

1 Like

14 Likes

Was thinking the new Brighton manager seemed familiar for some reason and was struggling to work out why untill I realised who he reminded me of.

1 Like