Premier League 2024/25

Probably deserve to be broken up with.

2 Likes

Read this to my wife. Her response: ā€œRed card!ā€

1 Like

Yup.

My exes have all not really cared but Iā€™d never act like this.

Find it a bit sad really.

Imagine acting like this over a Ligue Un game :joy:

In case anyone is interestedā€¦

2 Likes

No new additionsā€¦is it because JK isnt there and they donā€™t see any excitement thereā€¦no signs of oommpphhā€¦I know itā€™s going to be differentā€¦but everything just seems lack lustreā€¦or am I still living in the JK eraā€¦pls buck yourselves up ready for the first game.:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

3 Likes

Piece here covering the main changes to interpretations and VAR for this season in the prem

VAR - Clarification on decisions

• in stadium replays of goals under review
  • explanation for decisions displayed on the monitor. Based on the example given, these explanations seem to go further than weā€™ve seen with the experiements with referee announcements (cites in the example not giving handball after determining the ball came off the chest)

VAR - change in language

• Shift in language from ā€œclear and obviousā€ to ā€œrefereeā€™s callā€ meant to emphasize that it is not being used to second guess subjective decisions where there is no factual error

Semi automated decision system

• This will be replacing the manual line drawing one, but not until the autumn.
  • With this will come the computer graphic that make it clearer than the lines drawn on a 2d picture for how the player was deemed onside.
  • The downside is the increased tolerance level of the past few seasons that make is possible for the system to deem the attacker as ā€œlevelā€ will be removed and weā€™ll go back to toe nail distance offsides.
  • The system we will use wont have a sensor in the ball, so situations in which they have to determine if the forward was behind the ball will still have be done using the old manual line drawing system

Handball - more leeway for inadvertent contact off the arm

• Deflections off a legal part of the body onto the arm will be overlooked if the deflection altered the trajectory of the ball
  • There will still be room for debate on how much the trajectory of the ball was changed allowing handball to still be given after a deflection in some situations

Penalty encroachment

• Not much of a change, but just an emphasis that for an action to be taken for encroachment, the player in question must have gained an advantage from it that allowed them to impact the play.

DOGSO for handball

• last man fouls in the box that are deemed DOGSO are only given a red card if it was deemed there was no legitimate attempt to play the ball. Handballs were not automatically covered by this rule change. So a handball that was accidental but still given as a handball would still be a red card if it stopped a goal. That is now out, but cases the like James one against chelsea a couple of years would still be a DOGSO red because the handball was deemed a deliberate motion towards the ball to block it. We dont tend to see too many of these cases so it is unlikely to have much impact

Added time

• The first 30 seconds of celebration for a goal are allowed, but any additional time taken to restart the game after that will be added as additional time
2 Likes

Might be time to consider defunding the BBC.

3 Likes

Deeney will have to go some to be worse than Crooks.

6 Likes

This is really funny to me.

1 Like

Yeah, seems dumb but is an issue with long term licensing. The prem has a licence with Nike and it is only Adidas who have developed the in ball chip technology :joy:

2 Likes

Canā€™t think what else Osman and Nevin have in common.

As for Sidwell heā€™s played for two of those clubs.

1 Like

I would be a lot more convinced by such lists if these pundits actually had something riding on it, e.g. the worst performing ones being fired.

Anyone who has Chelsea in their lists should be fired right now though. Itā€™s quite puzzling to think that somehow something has changed in their overall management (not just the manager) that somehow theyā€™ve managed to sort themselves out. The only way theyā€™ll make it into the top 4 is if the other teams completely shit the bed.

Although that said, to be fair, their competition is likely to be Newcastle, Spurs, United, Villa. 3 of which arenā€™t exactly well-run either.

Arsenal may well do it having read up about them.

Top four and a cup run must be our aim

Deja vu to last year.

Did not miss football until we ā€˜missed outā€™ on Caicedo and Lavia.

Same with the Zubimendi thing now.

Canā€™t wait for it to start so bring in on.

Iā€™m sure we will bring in a few players in the next two weeks but even without I think we have what it takes to reach our minimal target (qualifying for CL football).

1 Like

My prediction for the season: we will be the best team in the league but get shafted by the refs. Man City will win the league through sympathetic arbitration.

Same as last season, really.

5 Likes

What would lead anyone to predict Newcastle to finish 4th :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Either a lot of Saudi money or a shitload of illegal substances.

Or both.

3 Likes

Rent free in your head already. Season yet to start.

3 Likes

Based upon history.

You should look it up.

1 Like