Premier League 2024/25

I’m seeing too many Arsenal shirts to expect a good season :joy:

1 Like

Kingston but I was in Manchester most of this week.

This is generally Chelsea central, same point goes for Man Utd but being in Manchester I’d expect it.

2 Likes

Cue a bunch of non-league teams suddenly finding a bunch of new supporters

1 Like

Up the Cottagers!!!

You know, that has a very different meaning in some circles

8 Likes

I thought I’d plonk this here. I think it’s always been a problem that fans have been excluded either through cost or popularity. I was very lucky in the 1980s that I could afford tickets (Kop was under £3) and by pure luck my Uncle could get me tickets. I’m not sure most young fans would be as fortuitous today, even with the significantly increased ground capacity.

4 Likes

9mins in and I can already tell Utd aren’t finishing higher than 5th.

Adama still strong and fast as ever I see… :flushed:

Can also see why he never scores more than 2 goals a season.

1 Like

Traore has to be the most frustrating player ever.

1 Like

Nevermind I thought it was Mazroui, it was Dalot

Living in W Wales as a kid meant getting to games wasnt easy, but would always make a way to go to one of the early season ones before the summer holidays finished. I think every year from 87 through 94 or so I managed to get to a game of one of the NW sides buying my ticket with only pocket money I’d saved up. Granted, at least a couple of those were at Boundry Park to see Oldham (when they were in the top division), which was cheaper than City or Utd, but it’s just unthinkable to think a kid could afford tickets that way even for championship games.

4 Likes

To be fair, he’s had the ball at his feet a few times and done absolutely nothing with it’s still a reasonable take.

1 Like

Yep that’ll be a pen for the cunts won’t it, 100%

Ooooo go on Tete lad.

Oh look, Man U have another diving little twat.

1 Like

Thats a pretty cynical dive. The sort I would be entirely comfortable giving a retrospective booking for

1 Like

If only Adama wouldn’t be a shit footballer

If Adama knew how to pass, cross, shoot, pick his head up and change direction once in a blue moon, he’d be unstoppable.

5 Likes

Here we go…I think this was the first one

https://x.com/PLMatchCentre/status/1824525980712452510

3 Likes

He’d be more successful if he actually ran at the player, but he always telegraphs what he’s going to do by running either inside or outside of them. Good defenders can read that pretty easily.

Go directly at the man then committ late, he’d rip most players apart.

2 Likes

Mount’s first contribution , yellow.

Thank God we didn’t waste money on his sorry ass

2 Likes