Roy Hodgson Retires... And Comes Back At 75!

:joy:

1 Like

Hodgson coming out of retirement, Warnock coming out of retirment and Redknapp saying he would take the Spurs job if offered it.

Is football really that bereft of ideas and younger managers?

1 Like

London Council not too happy with Hodgson going back to CPā€¦
They have got to re-advertise his old position for another traffic monitor mid-school term now :0)

Theyā€™ve put the same effort into this appointment as I do into responding to an email that arrives at 4.47pm on a Friday.

3 Likes

Christ on a bike. Hodgson to replace Viera. A journeyman manager to replace a world cup winner keeping CP in the PL. What do I know? Premier league football is insane. Before long it will be an Arab play thing. The latest must have for Xmas.

What have Arabs got to do with Roy?

A world cup winnerā€¦as a player, takes a whole different skill set to be able to replicate what you did on the pitch to off it.

1 Like

I totally see why Viera was sacked. Results are poor and much promise has a bit stagnated.

After that itā€™s anyoneā€™s guess.

To be fair Iā€™d love to see more of this

No excuse then why we cannot get Macalister to helm our midfield on a short term deal.

Vieira has lost his way there, recent results have been bad, and they have plummeted to 12th.

But have no fear, Hodgson will get to grips with it and keep them up!

Itā€™s a joke.

12th, but only 3pts clear of the drop. Regardless, Vieira had to go. The team regressed, collectively and individually.

Based on his time at Palace, I doubt Vieira sticks around in management for long. I give him one more job before heā€™s pretending to laugh at Micah Richardsā€™ ā€œjokesā€.

1 Like

Yeah, to be honest Palace had stagnated mid table and thatā€™s fine but now mid table is 3 points off the drop.

Itā€™s the decision to ring Hodgson thatā€™s baffling here.

2 Likes

Send all 8 of them down. Reduce the league to 12 teams and from hereon & a change in number of teams relegated from 3 to 2ā€¦ban Watford from ever being promoted.

It might sound a tad extreme but least this way we donā€™t have to hear about a manager being sacked every week.

As Klopp would say, less games = better quality of football. Lets make it happen!!

Not to mod things but I do think this can be moved to the home football forum.

Mac Allister wouldnā€™t be bad either.

:wink:

I donā€™t mind the Old Guard to be fair, younger doesnā€™t always necessarily mean better. It very much depends from manager to manager with me, regardless of age. For example, I miss Arry, Iā€™ll always miss him.

Agreed. Age hasnt dulled Roy. He was a dinosaur 15 years ago as well

1 Like

Thatā€™s the Scottish league.

Honestly, donā€™t post unless itā€™s something worthwhile.

1 Like

Believe me when I say I gave it much deliberationā€¦buuuuutā€¦

Hard Pass No GIF by Niki Connor