Roy Hodgson Retires... And Comes Back At 75!

His biggest contribution to football is certainly the memes.

10 Likes

Please give us a departing gift for the last game, rather than wanting to prove something Mr. Woy!

1 Like

To be honest his parting match will probably be more the home one in front of the fans.

I remember Ferguson’s last match away to relegated WBA and they turned up and drew 4-4, I think it left Martin Tyler in tears.

3 Likes

I forgot we were playing them. Quite fitting in a way.

Maybe he can finally get Liverpool into the CL.

10 Likes

Years ago somebody put a load of bullshit on his wikipedia page about him reading the classics constantly and other daft stuff. He’s never corrected it or had it changed despite being asked about it numerous times :rofl: :+1:t2:

1 Like

The manager who bored himself to death!

1 Like

It would be fitting that we give the guy a good sending off (spanking). Anfield will give him some love come final whistle.

1 Like

Love and respect. :blush:

Was a good manager just a terrible for for LFC

2 Likes

Not sure why this thread has come back up, but he’s the perfect representation of the importance of levels. What works can be hugely different depending on the quality of player you have, the quality of your opponent, and your level of expectation. Hodgson was the quintessential midtable manager.

4 Likes

Relied on creating a “look lads they’re better than us and nobody expects us to get anything out of this but I believe in you and we play like a team, committed, together, we can upset them here”! Of course creating that attitude here ran into problems at step 1 as most of the time they weren’t better than us and we were expected to get something. Why his England tenure was a mixed bag too. What we needed was the Klopp style “look you’re fucking awesome, you’re a sleeping dragon, wake up, believe in yourselves and let’s go kick some ass”!

2 Likes

What a load of pithel, all Klopp uses is ‘stop hoping, believe!’ much easier particularly for me.

This thread aged well… :0)

2 Likes

Yep, a match made in hell right from the start. Nice bloke and all that, but not LFC manager material.

Might be worth locking as it won’t be long

Who cares?

Then why bother to post?

2 Likes

And he’s back again

2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like