Russian War Crimes (Part 1)

2 Likes

I think they are broadcasting it all over, it is significant propaganda and will probably be highly effective. Either it is real, and so a large boon to their rally around the flag sentiment (and of course will make soldiers less likely to surrender unfortunately) or fake and made for this effect. I haven’t checked russian tv myself but know that they often show brutal war violence, far more so than western tv. Russian tabloids such as life usually show very graphic violence and war propaganda (but when i tried to enter now i get this )

We are now blocked from reading Life.ru in Norway at least (not that i want to read that horrible nationalist tabloid really).

1 Like

I should have a VPN really. I really need to get hold of that one of these days…

Wagner has been there for some time now. commanded by a man with with Waffen SS tattoos (Dmitri utkin). A Russian nazi and Ultra Nationalist, which is funny given the supposed reason for the war and De-Nazifaction and jadajadajada.

What can I say. Ultra Nationalists love to wage war and kill and be killed. It is their favorite activity. Their prime ethos.
Everyone with a brain knows the De-nazification bullshit the Russians are using as casus belli is prepostrious bullshit, they don’t mind using their own (and they have many, more than Ukraine) nazis and fascists to wage war.

5 Likes

Yeah let’s hope that lots of these Wagners die painful deaths. An international drone strike would be nice under the auspices that they are terrorists not Russian forces. If Russia wants to retaliate then they know they will be crushed. Not sure even Putin would go for that sort of gamble for such little reward.

Personally I hope that France and Germany finally step up - it’s clear Biden is prepared to commit US troops and hopefully that can embolden the timid French and Germans to start heavily arming Ukraine. A war by proxy with their latest hardware will destroy the Russian peasant army and force Putin into choosing between a humiliating ‘future 2nd offensive’ or ‘victorious’ back down.

It’s time to really step up the pressure on Russia. Much heavier energy sanctions with the aim of making Russia a CCP satellite but also military support for Ukraine and clear signalling that the west is ready to destroy Russia if it doesn’t maintain its claimed ‘back down’. Call his bluff now (even if that means a risk of worldwide carnage) rather than allowing this to drag out further and spread beyond Ukraine.

1 Like

They are legal combatants of the Russian Federation according to the Geneva Convention:

When they fight in Syria, it is different. But since Russia is at war with Ukraine, I am fairly certain they count as just well payed combatants as long as they have Russian citizenship.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Do I see a swastika at the middle of the righthand side?

nah… it’s just a case of pareidolia.
the lines were randomly placed

Gave him blackface to drive home the loathing I see

well, is this a fake or propaganda ? I have no idea what to make of it tbh.

@Magnus Is this real? :upside_down_face:

1 Like