Russian War Crimes (Part 2)

Imagine all the rumours in Moskva. Only a select little click knows what the fuck is happening. Most are expecting limited mobilisation.

1 Like

So much for Erdoganā€™s claim thenā€¦

Which one, and when? Azerbaijan giving Armenia yet another kicking is possibly a minor contributing factor to the obvious sense of crisis at the Kremlin, but at the very least it will have meant that Putin will feel that Erdogan has taken advantage of him. As a result, any assurances Erdogan might have received are null and void.

Erdogan claimed that Putin may be ready to negotiate. See World politics thread

After the recent summit with China et al., I think Putin is looking for a way to bring this war to a quick end. This mobilization, the three referendums, and the likely escalation may in fact be a prelude to an overture to negotiate a resolution - but with the clear intent being to ensure that Russia retains some gains.

and that Lavrov just flew to NY for a UN meeting, likely lots of meetings going on there.

1 Like

Good as usual. He explains the background well.

1 Like
1 Like

It is partial mobilisation now! Damnā€¦Putin is so thick in the brain.

3 Likes

Putinā€™s comment that they want to ā€œliberate Donbasā€ strikes me as trying to set out a face saving exercise. The rest of his speech seems to be the usual bluster. I wonder if he realises that once he has armed conscripts that guns can be fired in more than one direction?

Putin has no choice but to double down and make an escalatory move, although on the face of it, it doesnā€™t look that it will yield what heā€™s after at least not at the beginning. Ukraine has zero incentive to reach a settlement when itā€™s succesfully reclaiming its own territories and pseudo referenda arenā€™t going to convince anyone in the West to stop supporting Ukraine because the Russians will be ostensibly ā€œdefending their motherlandā€.

What is certain is that even the most self-deluded Putin bootlicker in Russia must have now realised that the ā€œspecial operationā€ isnā€™t going according to plan. Up until now, the Russian society was all too eager to support Putinā€™s aggressive war but the cost was relatively small. Letā€™s see how itā€™s going to respond to having to sacrifice its sons at the prime of their life for a war that it knows all too well is not
about defending the country but aggressively expanding at the expense of a neighbour. Only the braindead amongst the Russians must think otherwise and even they will wake up at some point.

5 Likes

So come Friday , or whenever they hold these bogus referendums , Luhansk , Donetsk , Kherson and Zaporzhizhia will magically become a part of Russia , and the fact that there are Ukranian troops fighting there now will presumably constitute an existential threat to the Motherland , and give Putin the excuse to use any means necessary to defend itself.

Short of him actually using chemical or nuclear weapons , what else can he do that he hasnā€™t already done ? The situation is absurd. Does he really think that by making this announcement that the Ukranian counter-offensive will be stopped dead in its tracks or that the West will suddenly baulk at his vague threats ?

This strikes me as a desperate act by someone who realises that this war might end very badly for him personally.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Itā€™s bizarre to see NATO trending on Twitter, only for it to be a whole lot of Putin shillsā€¦

2 Likes

About the speach

2 Likes

Thread

1 Like

A darker look at thingsĀØ

1 Like

I think you can be pretty damned sure that ā€˜partial mobilizationā€™ is a euphemism for the regime getting rid of those awkward individual rights and the need to recruit reluctant volunteers from the outlying districts, while still leaving the big cities alone.

1 Like