Russian War Crimes (Part 2)

2 Likes

3 Likes

Cocorico et vive la France!

2 Likes

You can see what he’s trying to do , but saying stuff like this out loud really upsets people (understandably). What it’s doing is actually lending credibility to the Russian rationale for their illegal invasion. I wish he’d just shut up sometimes.

1 Like

I don’t think what he said was that incredibly bad myself, however I do think it unwise to state it in public. I think certain parties are overreacting though. I get the Ukrainian reaction, they even talk about Nürnberg and denuclearnisation of Russia (which everyone knows is pure wishful fantasy-thinking), but the rest are mostly angry because he is saying things out loud in public that would be better if kept to actual negotiations when actual negotiations happens some day in the future. But for now, Russia is not prepared to negotiate anything other than a temporary Cease Fire, and that will not fly. Only when Russia is ready for actual real negotiations about an actual withdrawal, should secutiry guarantees be negotiated. I don’t know if Macron is afraid that the rest of the West will be inflexible to the point where a Russia withdrawal will not happen since the conditions will be too humiliating. I don’t think that’s likely. I think most people in the West in power are wise enough to be willing to go a bit of an extra mile if it means a full Russian withdrawal.
Maybe Macron is worried about others, I don’t know. But it is odd that he feels the need to air this in public.

5 Likes

Good morning :smile:

Engels is here. Far away

And more !

5 Likes

hmm

3 Likes
3 Likes

As they say, sometimes the best defense is a good offense.

Wonder if UA have had enough of their citizens being punished, so now they’ll look at putting the RU forces on the back foot by having to think about defending their homeland against retaliatory strikes using conventional means.

How long did Putin expect them to sit back and keep taking these hits to their civilian infrastructure, without retaliation? I’d be very impressed with a like-for-like strategy, especially considering that UA can get assistance from the EU partners to help rebuild their power systems…but Russia does not have those same luxuries, so a few well-placed strikes to electrical (and communications!!!) substations would have a required effect on making ol’ Vladdy pause and re-think his strategy.

1 Like

the Chinese would love to help the Russians if they are willing to pay.

1 Like

then I hope the UA forces can make them pay. a bit of pressure from the Russian people once their power goes out may be what is needed to force a withdrawl.

2 Likes

I agree,the majority of the Russian people haven`t seen any negative effects from the war…yet.

The sooner they realise what a bunch of cunts putin and his cronies are the better it will be for everyone.

1 Like

The MOD are saying that only 25% now support a continuation of the war.

1 Like

I think they have, we just haven’t been shown their discontent as there’s no pro-west journalists there anymore.

1 Like
3 Likes

ooooh it’s starting… wonder what’s next to join the arsenal.

3 Likes

No it won’t. Ukraine cannot inflict that kind of strategic damage and Russia will not back down just because a few of their bombers gets damaged. Ukraine is only able to shell and bomb Belgorod and other border areas. The attack on Engels is a carefully preplanned (and spectacular) with the element of surprise. This strike is very welcome, but does not change the strategic situation. Ukraine cannot in any form or way compete with Russia when it comes to strategic bombing and destruction of infrastructure. We are however likely to see repeats of this strike from Ukraine, but not often and definately only after very careful planning. If it is their new drones, they will also be limited in number and only used against very choice targets after careful intelligence operations. Ukraine doesn’t have missiles or systems they can just barrage at Russia.

1 Like

The article you posted states that the US has modified HIMARS so that they cannot shoot over a certain range, aka degraded the weapon system. So it’s not positive.

1 Like

Russia’s version. Lies except for the fact the indeed massively bombed Ukraine. But as people will know of they have read my posts the last 3 days, this barrage has been expected for 2 days or so