Russian War Crimes (Part 2)

get some rest and take care. been an exhausting week watching this and LFC taking a nosedive so a breath of fresh air won’t hurt.

2 Likes

Take it easy mate.

1 Like

just as important, where is Russia getting its microchips from that are used in all their military equipment?

dark web, black market, China.

perhaps,

but i know that China is on Americas naughty list,

so sales of microchips and the equipment to make the chips is resistricted,

any chips that China has, it needs for itself

The Challenger 2 training would match up with Sennelager being out of bounds until the end of the month. Assuming it is a British Army facility that they are using, of course.

4 Likes

looks like the were listening to our discussion yesterday

1 Like
1 Like

sanctions? what sanctions. banks want to make money, and they don’t give a fuck

1 Like
1 Like

There’s no suggestion yet that Russia is in any way involved in this. It looks like a tragic accident. (Maybe better placed in Breaking News.)

1 Like

interesting note at 3:20 on that video, regarding the quality of RU ammunition

2 Likes

Yeah , I picked up on that too. I wonder if it’s old or new munitions ?

doubt we’ll ever find out. maybe an old batch from Belarus or Iran? not sure what would fail on an artillery shell.

Now I’ve not seen many aircraft crashing, but that’s a really big radius of damage for a crashed helicopter in the middle of a city. must have been a very big helicopter with a lot of fuel on board.

2 Likes

A piece that is admittedly based on a lot of speculation , but the very fact that the NYT is confident enough to report it out suggests a definite shift in thinking . ( Still no ATACMs yet though.)

Update : "The Kremlin said on Thursday that Ukrainian strikes on Russian-annexed Crimea would be “extremely dangerous”, after the New York Times reported that US officials were warming to the idea of helping Kyiv strike the peninsula.

“This will mean raising the conflict to a new level that will not bode well for European security”, Reuters reports the Kremlin spokesperson, Dmitry Peskov, told reporters at his daily briefing. Crimea, which is internationally recognised as part of Ukraine, was annexed by Russia in 2014."

Looks like the Russians are taking it seriously enough then.

1 Like

What is the reason that US are not supplying MBTs to Ukraine? I realise they are donating a lot of other stuff, but is there domestic pressure to not supply them? Will there need to be some sort of conversions to make them useful in the Ukrainian battlefield? Or does the US worry that Putin will see this as an escalation?

Scholz really is a coward, but I see all the news is about how Germany is failing to supply MBTs when the biggest partner in NATO is also not supplying them at this stage. Just trying to get my head around that part.

1 Like

I think part of the argument is that the Abrams tank is technically radically different from anything the Ukrainians will have used so that causes logistics and maintenance problems. The Leopards are meant to be closer technologically to what they are already using.

In practice I suspect that the USA still wants some sort of degree of separation between themselves and what the Russians see as a proxy war.

Just remember that NATO is a mutual alliance and they will not act unless all members are in agreement and, as the largest donor, the USA has a critical last say in this. They are meeting in Ramstein tomorrow and there will be some sort of announcement. It wouldn’t surprise me if part of that was for the USA to increase its presence in Germany.

1 Like