Russian War Crimes (Part 2)

And there’s more … (This should make Magnus happy.)

1 Like

The man doesn’t seem best pleased.

2 Likes

Nazis , nazis , everywhere …

1 Like

2 Likes

'You didn’t see the tragedy of Donbas, the murdered children of Donbas?

Errr! nor did you!
Nor all those murdered during the ‘special operation’!

As they say a cunt is a cunt.

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

If anyone needs reminding , these claims formed part of the Russian pretext for the invasion of Ukraine , equalled only in absurdity by the assertion that Kiev was controlled by a nazi/junky regime.

Just one week before the invasion Putin was saying that a genocide was taking place in Donbas and the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation relayed the initiation of proceedings on “mass killings of civilians in Donbas." Unsurprisingly , no evidence of any specific crimes were provided , just an assertion that ‘hundreds of such facts’ had already been recorded.

The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) had a special monitoring mission (SMM) that had been on the ground in Ukraine since 2014 and had full access to the contested Oblasts. The monitors have never reported anything remotely resembling Russia’s claim of genocide.

“Russia’s claim of genocide in Ukraine is a reprehensible falsehood. The SMM has complete access to the government-controlled areas of Ukraine and HAS NEVER reported anything remotely resembling Russia’s claims,” the OSCE SMM posted on Twitter.

In brief , more bullshit. I think it’s important that Russia is challenged when it makes these preposterous claims. I get that it’s mostly for domestic consumption , but the (increasingly rare) times when Lavrov , Peskov et al make themselves available for questions in an open forum , journalists really do need to step upto the mark and press them hard on these outrageous claims. They might find support at the UN a little harder to come by if more countries’ populations are made wise to their lies.

5 Likes

‘NATO fighting in this cunning way’…And Russia being supplied arms by Iran, North Korea etc, China being used as a back door to get around the crippling economic sanctions.

4 Likes

Germany to send 14 leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine.

From BBC: "The German government has just confirmed that the decision to send 14 Leopard tanks to Ukraine was announced by Chancellor Scholz at a cabinet meeting this morning.

Germany will also approve the export of Leopards by third countries."

1 Like

It’s the Leopard II tank just to be clear. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Btw if I bought a tank there would be noway I’d sign a document saying I couldn’t lend or give it to any country of my choice. NATO have got to think this through and not get stuck by this crap again!
Looking at Germany and Switzerland here, real arse holes!

Well, you wouldn’t want to sell some state of the art technology to a country to discover that they are passing it on to a potential enemy for the purposes of reverse engineering. There are significant restrictions of arms and high tech exports for very good reason.

Is there any confirmation on what the USA is doing in terms of the Abrams tanks? Are these intended for Ukrainian use or are the for backfill to NATO countries who are donating hardware?

Is this the case here?

30 Abrams for Ukraine with logistics.

1 Like

A rubicon has been crossed , and the Russians know it , going by their furious response to Germany’s decision.

Ambassador Sergei Nechayev said in a statement:

"This extremely dangerous decision takes the conflict to a new level of confrontation and contradicts the statements of German politicians about the unwillingness of the Federal Republic of Germany to be drawn into it.

It destroys the remnants of mutual trust, causes irreparable damage to the already deplorable state of Russian-German relations, and casts doubt on the possibility of their normalisation in the foreseeable future.

With the approval of the leadership of Germany, battle tanks with German crosses will again be sent to the ‘eastern front’, which will inevitably lead to the deaths of not only Russian soldiers, but also the civilian population."

As opposed to the glorious Russian cross!

But in the future

1 Like