Russian War Crimes (Part 2)

Man accused of genocide against the Uyghurs thinks heads of state should have immunity against prosecution. Funny that.

2 Likes

birds of a feather.

1 Like

Thanks for the updates mate.

1 Like

Interesting find - that is a substantial recruitment premium.

2 Likes

This is pretty crazy

Not only less Wagner soldiers, lots of criminals back into Russian society… What a clusterfuck.

2 Likes

What could go wrong? I am sure they are all reformed by their violent experience, not feeling entitled at all, plus there is no question that in a rogue military formation that faced high casualties in a chaotic environment, all firearms were rigorously tracked and returned.

1 Like

I thought I remember that in one of @Magnus his post, they said that they may have promised that after those 6 months, but could easily send back to the front, not sure …

Some of these guys are the worst of the worst , rapists and serial killers , and not only are they going free , they are being given medals too. This is too fucked up to even contemplate.

this is a big one

then there’s these

1 Like

I’m probably beyond hopeless in terms of naivety, but I’ve just come to realise that most big western banks are still in Moscow: UBS, CS, JPMorgan, Citibank, HSBC, Pariba etc. etc.

For them, there is obviously no war in Ukraine… :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Not quite true - Citibank has been winding down its operations since last summer. At one stage the plan was to be out by the end of March. I suspect that is the case for several of these. The financial sector’s ability to exit is significantly compromised by the sanctions that affect transactions to the West.

couple more updates as the counteroffensive grows

2 Likes
2 Likes

I looked up the Moscow address of all these banks. All offices are open and running… That being said, they have surely reduced the volume of their activities since the invasion started. One would hope so at least.

1 Like

For several of those banks, the Russian operations are there strictly to continue to collect on outstanding loans. All of their financial services have been suspended, accounts closed, etc., in some ways it is surprising that Russia has not simply shut them down.

1 Like

Holy crap, T-54s. Watch out Ukraine, here come the IS-2s

2 Likes

The equivalents would be the Centurion and M48 Patton tanks. I don’t think the Bundeswehr even existed when they started knocking these out.

The M48 was designed to counter the threat of the T-54!

1 Like

Fascinating article, not least for the age of these guys.

5 Likes

I hope the get what they’re asking for, soon. it’s a very protracted procedure trying to get these troops supplied with what they need to defend their country.

2 Likes