Season Comparison - 2022/23 v 2023/24

Here we are again then, the start of a new season and the start of another seemingly impossible journey.

I remember alomst not doing one last year as I said how can we improve on 97 points, it almost felt pointless, the rest is history… I was happy in the end to have talked myself into it as I loved the ride through ‘that’ season with you all.

Now I will bet a lot of money there is no way we can top last season, the road below to improve for me looks impossible, however just as I talked myself round last year the same has happended here, so here we go.

Win, Lose or Draw, enjoy every minute of it, otherwise whats the point.

Edit - For any newbies this is an alterative view on last season fixtures, basically I have reshaped last season fixtures and results in the same order of this season fixtures, just for a laugh!! It allows us to see where we are as we progress through the season with fixture difficulty like for like.

21 Likes

Historical Title Winners updated also to Include the lads

5 Likes

Yes!! Biffa time!

3 Likes

@FowlersLeftPeg God damn your timing I’ve used up all my likes. With the way our negative results are spread amongst the new fixtures we could do something this year! Fingers crossed for minimal improvements to near perfection!

2 Likes

Goal difference already in the red.

Klopp out!!!

1 Like

What’s the significance of points after 9 games???

No significance really, it was just 1 of the stats from which ever source I butchered at the time for the figures. I think I just left it in there so I could see where we are in terms of ‘out of the blocks’.

At the end of the day if after 9 games you are on or around the same points totals as prevoius title winners then you know you have started well.

For example if we get off well and are on 25 points after 9 games that has only been bettered by 4 teams in the history of the PL, see below, so we have put ourselves in a good position to kick on and win it.

4 Likes

Well it’s about a quarter of the season, so pretty good benchmark to judge the launch and trajectory.

2 Likes

Exactly, its a common thrase ‘let’s see where we are after 10 games’. 10 games figures wasn’t available without me sitting and trawling though each teams results, which there is no chance of me doing.

But as that number was attached to the source I took the previous winners figures from I took it as well in case anyone found it interesting like i did.

5 Likes

Some back-breaking work you have done mate. :ok_hand::clap:

2 Likes

It’s great to see that thread up and running! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

If TAN were a body, this thread would be the tits.

No offense, @Maria

4 Likes

Trouble is, that body would have too many c*nts.

Apologies to @Maria

2 Likes

Still, hell of a body, to be fair…

2 Likes

You all have too much obsession with body parts. :roll_eyes:

I can’t wait for the footy, so we can be happy and moaning in the same 90 minutes.

3 Likes
4 Likes

We lost to fucking West Brom?!?!?!?

2 Likes

So happy to see this thread back again, really enjoyed last season’s chart.

3 Likes

Does reverse psychology work on this thread? Because this is going to be shit.