TAN Greatest: Invention. Currently experiencing technical issues

The Moai
59135660-2030-11ea-96f7-859dd7972db6
Many of their bodies are hidden beneath the surface…

2 Likes

when is the poll starting? Can it be asap cos I really fancy my chances.

Always liked this too, all about perspective. Need to see it in the flesh to work properly:

I’ve already nominated that. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You may need to put images next to your nominations. Hoi Polloi aren’t going to recognise them by their actual names :wink:

2 Likes

Good luck to you and your tatoo artiste. :grin:

1 Like

I will definitely need nice picies in the poll or I wouldn’t have a clue. Certainly not going to google all of them each round.

2 Likes

I prefer people to do their own research, as with the previous votes.

Although I suppose we can have a gratuitous picture of the Didarganj Yakshi and her enormous…

…. necklace.

1 Like

How does she remain upright with such a tiny waist?

1 Like

I just googled: That mad picture in the big building in that busy place south of Birmingham what has a skull on it what’s weird by some foreign dude, Legs somebody.

1 Like

Granite underwear?

Me the grumpy teenager gets dragged to the Vatican. Had worked out a way of sneeking beer and fags off the family at the place we were staying but oh no, 38 degrees outside and my parents hauled me to the centre of Rome. One very ungrateful brat I’m sure I was.

Then I saw this. Sat in slack jawed silence for quite a while. Changed a bit that day. Not least the utter hatred I had for the Catholic Church flying fully in the face of the teachings of JC. Anyway, still one of the finest things I’ve ever seen and I’ve seen myself naked.

Altar of St Peter’s Vatican City

The Vatican is certainly awe inspiring. Shame I walked through the Sistine Chapel without even noticing when I first went there :joy:

Teaches me for not looking up!

There’s some wonderful Mayan art that’s over 1,000 years old.

As well as Mayan murals

And this Totem pole from Canada was a gift to the Queen. It’s located in Virginia Water, part of Windsor Great Park, and I was fascinated by it as a kid.

Also, some stunning mosaics…

St George’s Church, Topola, Serbia
cropped-shutterstock_1587763252
Madaba Map, Jordan - 6th century
cropped-shutterstock_96986567
Villa Romana del Casale, Sicily, Italy - 4th century
cropped-shutterstock_93932632
Parc Güell, Barcelona, Spain (Gaudi)
cropped-shutterstock_92091251

1 Like

I’m surprised that got any attention from you what so ever @Kopstar. I’ve obviously got the wrong end of the stick. :rofl:

Please leave my stick alone.

the murals on the Royal Palace in Bangkok need to be seen to be appreciated. cannot imagine the amount of gold leaf they have used on that artwork, it’s incredible.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/mural-royal-palace-bangkok-thailand.html

1 Like

I’m just going to pitch the Lascaux cave paintings again so that the old git doesn’t overlook them.

1 Like

Probably a bit late to the party, as this could have been crushed by the pile of rocks that ended up winning grand prize in man made structures, but the Rila Monastery in Bulgaria is beautiful. It has gorgeous colorful murals (that I’ll submit for this entry…) and the mountain backdrop adds a bit of mystique. Built in 12th century I believe. It’s a day trip outside of Sofia, pack a lunch and have a picnic in the mountains after walking the monastery if you get the chance.

…also…lots of natural light!!! (sorry Hope :roll_eyes: :sweat_smile:)

5 Likes

Surely the greatest painter and paintings of all time. Bob painting his happy little clouds can still today be viewed on YouTube. He has a cult following and his artworks are owned by many prestigious institutions. Really really good hairstyle too.

An inspiration to all serious artists and art lovers.

2 Likes