TAN Greatest: Invention. Currently experiencing technical issues

ptt :wink:

Some suggestions -

Greatest ever Actor
The greatest god / goddess - options from all religions / faiths - Norse, Egyptian, Roman etc etc
Greatest tv series
The worlds greatest city
The greatest fictional place ( like Narnia, Willy Wonkas factory, Gotham City, Hogwarts etc)
Greatest fictional detective
Greatest man made form of transport.
Greatest musical score - this has been covered elsewhere to an extent.

greatest TV series.

make it happen.

a 32 round KO competition which would bring alot of memories, discussions and maybe even tweak an interest in something ive never seen before, id actually be fascinated to see who manages to come second place after ‘the wire’

Except it isn’t The Wire.

Any answer that isn’t The Simpsons is factually incorrect. Although your favourite series may differ, nothing comes close to Matt Groening’s most famous creation in terms of cultural influence, longevity and sheer entertainment value.

I mean, how many The Wire gifs do you see on this forum and others?

1 Like

I agree, the lack of industry acclaim and recognition for The Simpsons is ridiculous. I believe it has never won any industry awards. Shameful

I have not seen the wire - heard good things about it and will watch it one day.

My hypothetical vote would be for the Sopranos.

2 Likes

or Auf Wiedershen Pet… Brilliant in its day
Spawned some great actors that series

1 Like

for the record id still go the wire…but isnt a series different than a show?

interesting conumdrum.

i dont know the definition but i always assumed a series was a limited run thing.

Greatest 5-0 away wins?

1 Like

Family guy, Southpark to go with Simpsons in the cartoons.

Network TV shows community, lost, law and order, friends, big bang. There’s a ton possible here.

Premier TV- sopranos, the wire, Rome, GOT (the first 4 seasons- the clear winner if not paired with what followed lol), mad Men, breaking bad.

Streaming shows- to many for me to list any of them lol.

There’s so many good limited series that I’ve watched and then forget about because they’ve run their course.

The Wire.

Next.

2 Likes

MASH. Done

Twin Peaks, move on

1 Like

The Young Ones !!!

1 Like

heres a cracker…

greatest idiots in history (idiotic decision maybe) assuming most will have a war focus

Hitler deciding it was a great idea to attack the Soviets

stealing a living i wouldnt class as being idiotic.

the winner by Knock out!!! And still reigning world champion…

2 Likes

Trump for thinking the election was rigged

King Canute was pretty silly, no?

no.

my understanding was he was doing it to PROVE he couldnt hold the tide back, its history that warped the narative

2 Likes

Now that I’m back (until I’m banned), poll ideas are invited.

There’s an international break after we beat Manchester United on 20th March, so voting will start then…

1 Like