TAN Greatest: Invention. Currently experiencing technical issues

Any genre? We had one for comedies.

Whatever you like. I’ll choose the best suggestion that week.

1 Like

Twin Peaks, Mad Men, The Wire in that order.

the greatest polls of all time…

(not polish people, or singular support mechanisms, but polls, as in, votes)

the one where Kim jun un got 100% of the vote

Oh, I thought when @Iftikhar said genres and comedy he was talking about tv series.

Greatest female film character. Will come down to Sarah Connor and Ripley. Rightly.

Greatest contribution by a human to humanity, who’s legacy has had the greatest positive influence on society. Pasteur, Flemming, Marie Curie, Anne Summers, Einstein, Turing, Rosa Parks, Spielberg, Mozart, Mandela, Davinci, Boris J and Thatcher for example.

1 Like

We’ve already had greatest female fictional character; wouldn’t this be too “samey”? :thinking:

1 Like

What about greatest fantasy series?

Can’t remember if that got done or not, if not, then I nominate Raymond E Feist’s Riftwar Cycle

I second this, or, detective/crime series

I like the second one: greatest positive influence eon humanity. You’ve already listed a nice starting list Klopptimist and I’m sure oldgit can parse a few more (so long as he leaves out some of his philistine artist sorts :wink::joy:)

1 Like

Yep, head in a shed after a mad weekend.

LOTR. Next?

Not as good as Hitchikers Guide, so not a forgone conclusion

You’ll find the sandwich that I ate at lunchtime (having got home after a long weekend) killed the virulent space virus that would have agreed with you. But then I do apologise for the inconvenience. Still LOTR though.

Lotr isn’t even top 3…

The Malazan Book of the Fallen head and shoulders above all.

Both of them are movies, aren’t we talking about series???

Both.

Hitchhikers Guide was made into a film, but as a novel and radio play was a series - LOTR was also a series of novels

Please don’t mention the greatest sci-fi series in history and THAT FUCKING FILM in the same sentence. Thanks.

If it ain’t Mark Wing Davies, is ain’t right. Hated that film so much and admitting that given that the beloved Alan Rickman is playing possibly one of the greatest characters in history makes me almost Marvin-esq at times. Didn’t even have nice crinkly edges :frowning:

1 Like

Following the success of the TAN Alternative World Cup, I thought I’d drag this thread back into action.

Looking for your nominations for the greatest horror films. As usual, once we get a decent number of nominations, I’ll pick the best 32 (or 64, if we get loads) and it’ll be a straight knockout tournament, with any ties decided by me.

Nominations, please…

2 Likes

Poltergeist

/end

1 Like