TAN Greatest: Invention. Currently experiencing technical issues

Voting on the semi finals has now closed.

Sorry, @deneb , but the public has spoken. It’s not the final I would have wanted, either, but that’s democracy for you. :joy:

• The Exorcist
  • The Shining

0 voters

Voting on the final will close at the same time next week.

This can’t be happening.

Surely if The Shining beats The Exorcist then this thread should go down as the greatest horror :wink:

Quite a few ban-worthy offences in this thread, it’s not even funny. You have the whole forum to slag off our players, FSG, various departments of our club that are in disarray - and yet you all come here, don’t choose Carpenter’s films as the greatest horror films of all time and, to add insult to injury, some of you think that The Exorcist is better than The Shining (I’m looking at you, @aussielad, even your jokes, which I love, won’t save you). It really doesn’t do any favours to my mental health!

2 Likes

First refreshing post in weeks. :partying_face:

Whilst I respect your view, and agree with you about the lack of respect being shown to Carpenter, I was voting purely based on my reaction to the first time I saw The Exorcist and the nightmares it gave me for weeks, and months, compared to the uneasy and creepy feeling but sound sleep I had after watching The Shining.

1 Like

I believe this string of surprising results have been caused by a number of unfortunate injuries and a non performing midfield. We need to spend on more forum posters.

1 Like

Don’t worry, We’ve only just begun and when things settle down, it will be Yesterday Once More and we will be Top Of The World.

1 Like

There is a kind of hush after that…

Gemma Collins Sinner GIF

1 Like

I know the vote is supposed to close soon but is there a way for us to get around it by spreading the votes over 8 year contract?

1 Like

It’s only natural that your view is opposite of mine because you’re standing upside down from where I’m standing.

I’ve waited my entire life to tell this joke to an Aussie, please find it funny and don’t take it away from me because I’m doing a little dance right now!

2 Likes

That is one thing I have always wonered.

How do you northerners actuallu manage to think when all of your blood rushes to your feet?

Anyone mentioned The Exorcist 3 with George C. Scott? Very much under-rated and the nurse station scene is up there as the best horror film scene imo.

1 Like

we get lost in the reverse swirl of the toilet bowl (true fact)

Eye Spinning GIF by Olga

Ok, let’s settle this debate. Here in Sydney the water drains clockwise from my kitchen sink.
What about in the northern hemisphere?

Fixed for accuracy

I don’t know about horror movies however so many are ridiculously funny but none can beat Dale and Tucker Vs Evil for laughs!

I’m going to have to get the wife and kids to join and then vote in here. The shining cannot win.

I gave up after season three, but I’d like to put in a crazy last minute vote for The Treehouse of Horror.